Sunday, May 27, 2007

"the abc's of me" meme

I've been tagged by Erin to do this meme (for those of you who don't know what a "meme" is -- I sure didn't when I first heard the word -- it's just one of those surveys to find out more about your friends), so I hope you'll find something new and interesting while reading it.

A - Age: 28

B - Band listening to right now: none, but I can hear Treehouse coming from the next room

C - Career future: mother (and apparantly an accountant if Les has anything to say about it)

D - Dad's name: Peter

E - Easiest person to talk to: My husband

F - Favorite song: it always changes -- there are so many awesome songs out there

G - Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: worms

H - Hometown: Small town, Manitoba, Canada

I - Instruments: clarinet (in high school...and I've lost it since then -- the instrument itself, not my ability, although I'm sure that's gone out the window now too, so I haven't played it in almost a decade!!) and of course the piano
J - Job: mother, office job

K - Kids: 2 lovely daughters -- Joelle and Malia

L - Longest car ride ever: To Mexico -- TWICE

M - Mom's name: Helen

N - Number of times you've been in love: twice, but only one was the real thing

O - Optimum time of day to work: mid-morning

P - Phobia[s]: flying, insects, claustrophobic

Q - Quote: "When the package is this pretty, nobody cares about what's inside." (Joey Tribiani on "Friends", talking about himself)

R - Reason to smile: Family, friends, good health, assured salvation through Jesus Christ

S - Song you sang last: "The Lord Loves Me" in church this morning

T - Time you wake up: Oh, this is a tricky one...ready? 7:30 on Sundays, 6:30 on Tuesdays, 6:50 on every other Wednesday and 3 out of 5 Fridays, 7:10 the other 2 out of 5 Fridays, and between 7:30-8:00 on Mondays, the other Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Got it all straight?

U - Unknown fact about me: Unknown to some people -- I had a bilateral reimplantaion surgery when I was a year old

V - Vegetable you hate: onions

W - Worst habit: biting my nails

X - X-rays you've had: ones of my wisdom teeth and just this week a CT scan (does that count as an X-Ray?)

Y - Yummy food: mexican, pizza, chocolate fondue

Z - Zodiac sign: Capricorn -- but who really cares

Okay Erin, I did it!! Now I'm supposed to tag someone else -- so Jamie and Ruth, I'd love to hear your responses.

8 comments:

Ruth said...

oh wow...you tagged me! btw -- loved your post. i just walked in the door after being gone all weekend so i am not sure when i'll get to it...or if i can get through all those abc's but i'll do as many as i can when i have a moment...
shalom...

jackie said...

Don't know if I told you Andrea... but if you ever go to Grand Forks/Fargo... "Paridisio" has the BEST mexican food! I'm going to Grand Forks in 2 weeks, yum yum!

Andrea said...

Jackie -- we have been there once before 3 years ago. I keep dreaming about it ever since and I can't wait to go again!! I'm jealous that you get to go there in a couple of weeks...wanna bring me back a doggie bag? :)

Although, for a closer taste of Mexican -- Winkler has a tasty little restaurant too which is called "Del Rios".

Louise said...

Fun fun, I like reading those!
I may just have to post that one!
Have a great week!

Erin said...

Very nice! Mmm...Mexican food. Hey Andrea, we should have gone to Grand Forks the other day when we were joking about it.

ValleyGirl said...

What the heck is a 'bilateral reimplantation?!'

Andrea said...

A bilateral implantation...I knew someone was going to ask about that!! Well, I don't even know exactly (I've asked my mom on numerous occasions, but I keep forgetting). But the reason I had to have it was because I had 3 urethras and one of them was retracting which was causing a lot of bladder and kidney infections. I have some nice scars to show for it.

ValleyGirl said...

How many urethras are we supposed to have? (don't remember much from junior high science!) Huh. So you were a bit of a freak of nature then, eh? Haha, I kid, of course. At least you have something interesting to report when asked if there's little known or unknown facts about you!!