Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ah...The Memories

I just came home from an evening out with girl friends, and I am swarmed with memories of days gone by. The girls I was with were the 3 girls I shared a 2 bedroom apartment with in '98 & '99. Yup -- 4 girls in a small 2 bedroom apartment. It was cozy, that's for sure. But the memories I have from those times are some of the best memories that I have made in my 28 years of life. Driving down Pembina with the windows rolled down with Roxette blaring from the tape deck -- yes, tape deck -- many, many trips to Perkin's to be waited on by hot guys, late nights visiting and dancing in the living room, midnight snacks, leaving goofy messages on people's answering machines....the memories are endless.

I was struck today by how different we have all become. Life definitely changes you...careers, traveling, marriage and children. We all move on with our own lives and definitely lose touch as life pulls us all in our different directions down the paths that we were meant to take.

Part of me feels sad about that. We were all so close and spent so much time together. Now our get-togethers are very rare. Special, but rare. Our conversations are a lot different now too. I guess that's what growing up does to you. We talk about pregnancy and children most of the time (I suppose that has something to do with the fact that one of them is 7 months pregnant and another one has a newborn baby). Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I would've given anything to pop in a Roxette tape and start dancing in the living room...for old time's sake (maybe next time, hey girls?).

But even though we have passed through that stage of our lives, we will always have a special connection. No matter where life takes the 4 of us, we will always be "The Babes of Georgetown" and that's something I can say with pride!!

To Kathy, Sandi and Andrea -- I love you.

No comments: