Tuesday, May 29, 2007

interview me!

I went on to Louise's blog the other day and found that she had done a list of 5 questions asked of her by an individual. She then added to her post that anybody wanting to do questions of their own should ask her to invterview them. Of course I'm always up for a questionnaire, so she emailed me a list of 5 questions she wanted to ask me. Here they are:

1. What is your greatest strength?
This is always a hard one because I don't like to sound like I'm bragging!! But since she asked -- here it goes: I believe one of my greatest strengths is encouraging people. I love to find little ways to let someone know that I love them; either through a phone message, an email, a card, or just a hug. And I also try to do this not only when they're going through something rough, but just on an ordinary day too. Sometimes spontaneous-for-no-reason encouragement can do a lot more than we realize!

2. How do you vent your anger?
This question can have a few answers, depending on the situation and my surroundings. But if I'm alone and I'm upset about something I'll talk to myself. I'll go over the situation out loud and pretend that I'm having a conversation with the person who upset me. Sometimes it gets pretty messy, but I prefer to work through things on my own like that rather than confront somebody and say something I'm going to regret.

3. Who makes you laugh? and why?
Again -- many answers are possible with this one. I have been blessed with many family and friends who are good for a chuckle. But I'm going to pick somebody that I don't know on a personal basis. Ellen DeGeneres. I gotta say, that woman makes me laugh like nobody else!! Her sense of humour is not only clean but just downright hilarious. If some of you have never watched her, you are missing out!! She can turn an ordinary, everyday situation into a roll-on-the-floor-laugh-till-your-cheeks-feel-like-they're-going-to-fall-off joke. What a riot!!

4. If you could go back in time to one point in your life, where would you go?
Wow. Some of these questions really made me think. I'm going to give two answers to this one -- it's my blog -- I can do what I want!!
The first one is back to my first kiss (for those of you who don't know, the first and only man I've kissed is my wonderful husband!). My first kiss with Les may have come as a bit of a surprise -- and it happened 3 years before we ever started dating! -- but it was one of the most incredible moments of my life. How I miss the first kiss!! It would be amazing to go back to that point and re-live that moment just one more time.
The second point in my life where I would go back in time if I could would be right after Malia was born. I would choose to savour every single moment of her infancy rather than wish it all away.

5. Who do you talk to most on the phone?
I have to say, I don't talk on the phone very much. At least not anymore -- not with email being so handy!! But up until a couple of months ago I talked to my friend Andrea almost every single day. Well, we didn't really talk "voice to voice" -- we used our MTS invisible answering machines to send each other messages. This started almost 4 years ago when I was on maternity leave with Joelle. At that time it was long distance for us to call each other, so we figured out that sending messages through the machine was free so we chose to communicate that way. We could still hear each other's voices and it's amazing how much we talked about via these messages. Once I moved and we were no longer long-distance, we still did our messages thing since it had become such a habit. My dear friend has just recently had her 3rd child and we've been finding that now it's easier to communicate through email. But for almost 4 years we had a good thing going!!

Okay -- those are my answers. I had fun doing this -- awesome questions Louise! Anyway, if there are some of you out there reading this who would like to participate, let's keep this thing going!! Here's what you do:

1. Leave me a comment saying "interview me!" (I'll also need your email address, or you can just email me directly at lesan@mts.net)
2. I will respond by emailing you 5 questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will post the questions on your blog with your answers.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them 5 questions.

For those of you who may want to participate, but aren't a blogger -- don't despair!! You can still leave me a comment. At the bottom of every post is a "0 Comments" link to click on. Then choose your identity -- just click on "anonymous" if you don't have any account to use -- and leave your comment and click on "publish your comment." Just make sure to type your name at the bottom so I know who you are!! Or like I said you can just email me directly. I can always email you questions just to do for fun even if you have nowhere to post them.

5 comments:

Louise said...

Great answers Andrea!!
I like the one about your strength..you never know how deep you can touch someone with simple encouragement!!
Good job!! you are hired.....oh yeah it wasn't a job interview...have a great night!

Tara said...

Hey there I am up for an interview! Great answers to the questions.

jackie said...

Why not... you can interview me too. You can email the questions.

Pamela said...

You know me...I'm always up for answering questions, lol! I may even be convinced to set up a blog of my own when I answer them! ;)

Tara said...

Hey Andrea I answered your questions, they are on my blog now!