Sunday, May 13, 2007

my mother's day memories

Today was a good day. I mean, it had its moments -- unfortunately my girls are too young yet to understand what day today was. They don't know that this is Mom's special day and that they should be on their very best behavior to really give Mom a treat!! Let's just say that there was a lot of crying and whining this morning...before we even left for church!! But on the way to church, I was given this adorable sight when I looked behind me. Look at these cuties and how much they love each other (even with all the fighting that they do!). Nothing warms my heart more than seeing the love between my girls. This helped erase some of the frustration from the morning and lifted my spirits.






After church, Les and the girls took me out to Boston Pizza for lunch -- my favorite restaurant!! This again didn't go particularly smoothly; at least in regards to Malia. The only way to keep her from near screaming while waiting for our delicious pizza was to keep her occupied with a plateful of parmesan cheese (good thinking, Les!). It was too cute to not take a picture of.





Hey -- and does anybody notice that she's wearing her "I'm such a Drama Queen" bib?? How fitting!!





Other pictures from my special day.........














What a sweetheart, picking dandelions for Mommy and Grandma!




















Mom and her beautiful gifts from God (it took a lot of bribing with candy to make Malia actually sit and pretend to want to be in the picture!!)












The girls with their Grandma





That's the re-cap of my Mother's Day. The girls also each made me a beautiful card (with help from Daddy, of course!).
I was reminded today that even though my girls give me a lot of challenges, they also give me many, many more precious memories to cherish. They are amazing blessings from God that I should never take for granted. I have happy, healthy children who love me (their shirts say so!!) and a husband who helps me raise them. God is good.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like it was a memorable day. I realized today when Ella handed me her craft from Sunday School for Mother's Day that it doesn't feel like so long ago that I was making things for my mom. The years go by so quickly and it's good that we can cherish the "moments" of our day rather than tossing the whole day out with the bad moments.

Ruth said...

ANDREA!!! welcome to bloggerland.
lovely pictures! your girls are beautiful. happy mothers day -- it really is the most important job in the world.

Andrea said...

Thanks Ruth! I went to check out your blog when I got your reply and I realized it was YOU!! My ex-Powerland buddy! I look forward to reading your blog now that I've found it!!

Olivia's Mommy said...

Hey, I like your new hair cut Andrea! Looking forward to seeing it in person on saterday!