Tuesday, May 15, 2007

some new additions

I have been tweaking my blog lately -- and having lots of fun doing it, by the way!! I just wanted to point out some of the new things that I have added so you can be sure to take a peek at them.

First - I want you to all meet my family. I have included a family picture which is below the "About Me" section. I am very proud of my two precious little girls and I am very thankful for the wonderful husband that God provided me with.

I also have a Smiley of the Day. This Smiley won't necessarily always depict how I'm feeling or something that's happened during the day; it's just to throw something different and fun into the mix.

I also have a new spot called "Who I am Praying for This Week". This is a place where I want to encourage someone by letting them know that I am praying for them. I may not always include details of why I am praying for them (sometimes it might be too personal to share with everybody), but I want to be able to somehow lighten their load by letting them know that I'm particularly praying for them at this specific time. And even if they never even read my blog to know that I'm doing this, you guys will know and will maybe even say a prayer for them too!

Then we have My Highlight of the Day. I want to use this to focus on something good that happened to me during the day. So often I replay all the negative things in my mind and I tend to forget how I was blessed. Hopefully doing this will make me a more positive person.

And for those of you who want to know a little bit more about me, I have added a "My Favorite..." to the side of my blog as well. This just lists some of my favorites, like my favorite animal, sound, time of year, etc. Keep checking it as I may add things from time to time.

Anyway -- I think that's it...for now. I most likely will think of more things to add as this has quickly become my new obsession!! I hope you are all enjoying my blog as much as I am! Thanks to all of you who have stopped by and either left a comment or talked to me about it in person. It's neat to know that so many of you are taking time to take a glimpse into my life. I appreciate each and every one of you and I look forward to "meeting" more new friends as the days and weeks go by. I have also added a list of other blogs that I read -- feel free to check those out as well. There's a lot of good stuff out there!!

4 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

I really like your ideas of 'who I'm praying for today' and 'highlight of the day.' I hope you don't mind if I end up doing the same on my blog. See? You're inspiring people already!!

Erin said...

I love your ideas and you've inspired me. Do you mind if I sometime steal one or two of your ideas? And thank you for praying for me. I am so blessed to have neighbors like you! You guys solidify daily the reasons why we're not moving right now. Thank you!

Andrea said...

You ladies go right on ahead. If my ideas are inspiring people and can continue to bless people by being passed on...that can only bring positive things!! You go, girls!! (snap, snap)

Ruth said...

ANDREA - newbie and blogger of the year already! you're great!!! glad you blog.