Wednesday, May 30, 2007

temptation is everywhere

AHHH!!! I am getting to that point in my latest attempt to lose weight where I usually GIVE IN...yes, already!! I tend to do really well for the first week or so and then things start to fall apart. A few chips here, way too many Pepsi's there, a growling tummy before bed...before you know it the exceptions start to outnumber the rules!!

I have to admit that I had a bad afternoon today for eating right. But I was determined that just because I may have fallen at one point during the day it didn't mean that the whole day was a write-off. I wasn't going to chalk today up as a failure and as a result just continue to pig out until I went to bed. That tends to be where my problem has been in past attempts at this sort of thing. Make one mistake and the day is ruined -- might as well eat whatever I want and start fresh again in the morning. WRONG!!! I was determined to get back on the right track for the rest of the day -- every positive decision that I make in regards to food does something good for my body. For example, I had a chocolate bar in my hand the other day (a FREE one nonetheless) at someone's house...AND I PUT IT BACK. I have to remember things like that. The way that it makes me feel. Sure, I may still crave that Snicker's bar -- but the feeling of pride that I had when I was able to put it back was such a good feeling. I need to focus on that.

I was looking at my wedding pictures this week (a friend of mine was over on Monday who had never seen them before, so I hauled them all out...what a wonderful trip down memory lane) and I kept thinking how wonderful it would be to get back to that weight and size. That's my goal. Actually, that was always my goal -- to be able to fit into my wedding dress on each anniversary. Well, it worked for the first one. But on our second anniversary I was 9 months pregnant -- and again on our 4th annivesary (I can't remember what happened on anniversary #3...but I'm betting it was a no-go). I didn't even bother trying to fit into it on #5 -- but wouldn't it be something if #6 was the year??

I'm not saying that I'm never going to "cheat" -- afterall, if I don't allow myself a few indulgences from time to time I'll just go crazy and then go on a binge, which would be really disasterous. But I just need to keep my goal in mind and keep on keeping on.
I CAN DO THIS!!

9 comments:

Gin said...

I'll be there to support you. You're doing the right stuff. We can cheer each other on. I almost lost my skirt on Monday and although it would have been embarassing, it would have been exciting.

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

ValleyGirl said...

(in case you're wondering, Rodrigo's trying to sell you personalized T-shirts from Brazil from his blog/store)

I totally hear you with that struggle. Why is it that our tendency is to give up after one little setback? With some things it kind of works that way logically, but certainly not with weight loss. I'm starting to keep a food diary and I email it every day to Alicia so that I have to tell someone exactly what I all ate each day.

Ruth said...

YOU CAN DO IT ANDREA!!! i'm in your corner and i have nodoubt at all in my heart.

Ruth said...

ps word verification (on your blog comments) sometimes will get rid of most spam (rodrigo)

Andrea said...

Thanks all!! You are wonderful blessings to me. I was mainly using this post to talk myself into continuing on this adventure and you have helped solidify my goal. On September 8th, I WILL fit my dress!!!!

Erin said...

You go girl! That's great that you're making decisions one at a time. Much easier that way. You can do it!

Tara said...

Keep up the good work, it will all pay off or should I say fall off in the end!

Pamela said...

Reaching your goal will be worth it! You CAN do it!