Saturday, May 12, 2007

To My Mom...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Mom...I wish I was better with words so I could adequately describe what you mean to me. But I'll do the best that I can. First of all -- thank you for all that you did for me when I was a young child. Now that I have kids of my own, I can more fully appreciate all of the sacrifices that you made for me and my sisters and brother. I can understand just how difficult of a job you had being a Mother. It is one of the most rewarding experiences in life, but it is also the toughest job you will ever have. Yet you always did it with love, patience and grace. You are a shining example to me of what a Mother should be. And I pray that I will be that kind of an example to my own daughters.
You always put your children first in whatever you did. You worked hard to provide things for us; you made sure we always had what we needed, no matter what it took. You spent quality time with us; coming to sporting events and piano festivals. You encouraged us in our interests and helped us to grow in them. You gave us a wonderful Christian example and you gave us the beautiful and irreplacable gift of us seeing a strong, unbreakable commitment between you and Dad. Watching the two of you...there was never any doubt to us that you two would stay together forever.
You loved us through thick and thin -- and I know there was a lot of thick!! You never turned your back on any of us kids, even when we did things that hurt you. You always forgave. Because of you we know what unconditional love feels like. You loved us with the love of the Lord.
Thank-you. Thank-you for always believing in us, for always praying for us, for disciplining us when we needed it and for hugging us when we needed that more. Thank you for accepting us all the way that we are; for loving us all equally. Thank you for the way you love our spouses and our children. For the way you get down on the floor to play with the grandkids; for showering them with love and letting them know that they are special -- to you and Dad and to Jesus.
Mom...I want to wish you a most fabulous Mother's Day. There is nothing I can do to re-pay you for all you have done for me; there is not enough time to give you due thanks. But what I can do is learn from your example and strive to be the best mother to my daughters like you were to us. You are a gem, Mom!
I love you!
Mother's Day Flowers



Mom with her SIX beautiful grand-daughters




Mom with her 3 daughters (the mothers of those 6 little girls)







2 comments:

Olivia's Mommy said...

What a wonderful mother you have! I loved the pictures. I'm jealous of you - all those sisters and nieces!

Lena said...

i loved the post, thats so sweet and the pic with granddaughters is sooooooooooo cute!!
Its wonderful to have such a big family :)