Thursday, May 24, 2007

vanilla pudding recipe...as promised

Okay -- here's the recipe for my homemade vanilla pudding that I said I would post (yes, from scratch -- not from out of a box!!):

Vanilla Pudding
1/2 cup flour----------1 egg (beaten)
3/4 cup sugar------------1 tsp vanilla
2 cups milk-------------1 tsp margarine

Mix flour and sugar. Add milk, beaten egg and vanilla and mix. Cook for 2 minutes in the microwave, then stir. Continue cooking and stirring in 1 minute intervals until bubbling. Stir in margarine once thickened. Serve with berries of your choice.
**I tripled the recipe when I made it for us and our neighbors -- and that was
for 6 adults and 7 kids**

This recipe is so simple and it's even more delicious!! Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

In the microwave..huh! Even more speedy, I can't wait to try it!

Jackie said...

I'll have to try that some time. Look at you Andrea, the little home maker!

Louise said...

Hey...I need your email address to send you the interview questions...email me at louisehoeppner@yahoo.ca

Yum the recipe sounds good and simple too!!

ValleyGirl said...

Just slice up a couple of bananas into a pre-cookied pie shell, top with pudding, and chill until set or add 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, mix until melted, and let chill until set and you've got 2 of the best dang cream pies you've ever tasted -- especially with a nice layer of whipped cream on top. The chocolate version has been the birthday 'cake' in my family for years already.

Erin said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Your yummy pudding has been on my mind since we got that treat on Monday : )

ValleyGirl said...

Oops, if you want pie, you'll need to add a second egg yet too, to make the pudding a bit stiffer. Definitely give it a try though -- I guarantee you won't be sorry.