Tuesday, June 12, 2007

hmmm...quite the mystery

Okay, I am thoroughly confused and mystified!! I am missing my car* key and I have no idea where it could possibly be.
(*identity hidden to protect the real make of the vehicle in question with
the missing key...you can never be too careful)
And it's really weird because it should be on my key ring. I drove the car* three days last week for going to work. Then on Saturday when I went to run an errand for Les I took the other vehicle. BUT...I know I had the car* key with me because I specifically remember trying to stick it into the ignition. I laughed at myself, but figured it was normal, since I've been driving the car* a lot these days. So, Saturday morning I had it ON MY KEY RING; I know this for sure. The next time I took my keys out of my purse was Sunday morning on the way to church...and it was missing.

Seriously. How does that even happen? And it's a hard key to get on and off the key ring, so I know that it didn't just slip off. And even if it did...it should be in my purse. Hmmm. Anyway, I got another copy made yesterday, but I'm still really befuddled about this. It can't just vanish into thin air...can it?? I need to just let this go, but I don't think I can until I find it.
If I were a key...where would I be??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the story of my life...i was thrilled to find my cellphone and wallet moments ago.i'd say it was my memory loss due to having a newborn...but i lost everything when we lived together. i so know how you feel!i love you,an2

Tara said...

Check the kitchen sink!

Ruth said...

ohhhhh
i think many will be relating to this one. i lose things soooo often...and find them in weird places.....

:) btw -- i was just reading your side bar -- which sister is pregnant? is it tammy? that is soooo super exciting.

Andrea said...

ruth: no, it's not Tammy. It's Michelle...this will be her second one. Maybe it will be the first grandson in the family....