Saturday, June 9, 2007

i am exhausted

I had an incredibly busy week this week and I feel like I'm ready to drop!! Monday was my bread-making day (with Joelle's help, of course) and in the evening I attended a baby shower at our church -- where I played Bob Barker in one of the games...I was a hit at it too, if I do say so myself. I even had the "get your pets spade and neudered" part snuck in at the end. Very clever.
I also worked four days this week: Tuesday - Friday. Thursday was supposed to be my day off, but one of my co-workers was unexpectedly away from the office this week, so I came in an extra day to help take over. I think I like being the "hero" (my boss even told me that I saved the day) but now I think it was a mistake; I could've really used that day off. My evenings were also really busy. Of course there was the shower on Monday night; then on Tuesday I had supper at my parents after work when I went to pick up my girls (it's a weekly tradition). I also met my brother's new girlfriend for the first time -- if they end up getting hitched my girls will have three auntie Tammy's; all with different spellings! Then it was off for birthday cake at our neighbor's place for the evening. Wednesday evening I was at a Norwex party (where I ended up spending just over $100 -- oops! Hey, at least my house will be extra clean, right?...or at least it should be after that!!). Thankfully I had nothing up Thursday evening, so I could at least spend some time with my girls who were clinging to me like white on rice all evening. And then of course Friday was the start of the big weekend fair. Joelle had been feverish for most of the day but she still wanted to go. So we drugged her up and she did surprisingly well. Here are some cute pictures of the girls on some rides...




The girls had a lot of fun, although they got pretty tired towards the end. We wanted to stay for the 11:00 fireworks which neither of them ended up liking; they were way too loud. Malia actually ended up falling asleep on my shoulder while I covered her ears. We only got home and got the kids to bed at 11:30pm (Joelle fell asleep on the 3 minute ride home). And -- get this -- we all slept in till TEN O'CLOCK this morning. Yes, even Joelle!! (which was extra good since I was up with her in the middle of the night too...man, that praying thing works really well -- she kept saying that she didn't want to sleep anymore; once I prayed that God would help her rest, she mumbled it one more time and then immediately started snoring). When I realized what time it was, I almost freaked out -- as wonderful as it was to sleep in that long, I had a lot of housework I needed to catch up on, since I hadn't hardly been home all week. Thankfully Les was a huge help and he cleaned all 3 of our bathrooms and vacuumed the upstairs. I worked on laundy (still not finished, by the way), sweeping & washing the floors, dusting and cleaning the kitchen. I am so glad that tomorrow we have no plans after church. I can come home and put my feet up and just R-E-L-A-X!!!!
I hope that Joelle feels better tomorrow though. She was feverish again on and off today -- here she is napping on the couch this afternoon. She was talking to me non-stop and then I went downstairs to switch a load of laundry. When I came back up she was snoring away. Poor girl...I guess we shouldn't have kept her up till almost midnight last night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea, I agree you were a great "Bob"!! Thank you very much!!
I hope Joelle feels better soon too...
PamJ (does that give you a hint as to which one I am?!? lol...)

Tara said...

Thankfully the long work week is over. Are you guys not going to see Amanda Falk and the Excelsior choir(like sister act)? We are going if you want to join us, it starts at 1:00pm!

Ruth said...

oh those pics of the girls on the rides are GREAT!!! this year we only, "watched". but next year....i am thinking watching will no longer be an option.

if brian had his way he would be taking her on ALL the crazy rides........

:) shalom to you andrea...

jackie said...

Where were all the rides and fireworks? Is Joelle feeling better?

Pamela said...

Nice buns!!, lol! I think you made a fabulous Bob Barker and I think you should be recruited as his replacement! Hope your coming week is less busy!