Monday, June 11, 2007

ice cream, anyone?

Tonight we had our annual ice cream outing with some special friends of ours: Dave and Tammy and their 5 children -- Karissa, Bethany, Janae, Emily and Joshua. This has been a tradition of ours ever since Les and I got married. We get ice cream and once we're all done eating we take a walk to a nearby park and the kids play while the adults visit. It's a special tradition that I hope will carry on for many, many years to come!

What a surprise -- Malia was a BIG mess
(Although I'm one to talk...I was a bit messy myself. But at least there are
no pictures to prove it!! And in my defense, it was a VERY hot day and
the ice cream was melting faster than I could eat it!)
Joelle was messy too, but of course she wasn't very keen on getting
her picture taken. She hadn't warmed up yet to
our friends and wasn't in the mood for smiling (yet).

Here are all the happy kids. They had a great time together. What a nice looking group of kids (and yes, Josh is the only boy)

TWINS!! Well, not really. Although Emily really is a twin (with the one sitting next to her on the park bench) but it was so cute that her and Joelle ended up wearing the exact same shirt. What are the odds??

We had a GREAT time and already look forward to next year!!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, Miss Malia...what a little mess! At least she's cute when she's messy. Sounds like it was lots of fun. I could have used some ice cream yesterday. In fact, it's already feeling like 32 degrees outside and it's not even 10:00 a.m. yet. Maybe ice cream right now would be good.

Jamie said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love going out for ice cream even though ice cream isn't my favorite treat (though I do sometimes crave chocolate peanut butter!). It's just such a summery activity.

Jamie said...

By the way--do you pronouce your daughter's name ma-LEE-a? I was saying it in my head like MA-lia, but then I saw a show (I think Without a Trace) that had a ma-LEE-a; just wondering!

Pamela said...

Are those the kids from your wedding??!! Wow are they ever big already...although I think they were around my kid's ages so that would make sense! Looks like you had a great time!

Tara said...

Ah, ice cream. We will definately be going for ice cream tonight after soccer!

Andrea said...

Jamie: Yes, we pronounce it Ma-LEE-ah. Like Maria, but with an "L" instead of an "R". We get all sorts of pronunciations though -- but none are as pretty as Malia.

Pamela: Yes, those are the flower girls from my wedding. Crazy, hey? The oldest one is old enough to BABYSIT now...too bad we don't live closer to them!!

Jenn said...

That's fun having traditions like that with friends!

Lena said...

great tradition!! and having so many kids around must really fun... dont know though for them or for parents...