Friday, June 15, 2007

the little things

I love having a God who cares about everything -- the big things and the little things. Today He showed me that He really does care about the little things.

Like I posted about yesterday, I was really excited to bring my new clock radio into work and have some positive, Christian music surrounding me throughout my day.

Well, I got to work at 8:30 and got it all set up. Then I tred to tune it to CHNV95.1FM...but it wouldn't work. All I got was really loud fuzz. I know other people have had problems getting their radios to the proper station before too. Sometimes they can only get Q94 and other days only Hot 103. Anyway, I tried for a few minutes and then gave up, as I needed to start working. I was really discouraged though, as I was already having "one of those days" and I needed to be uplifted.

I knew that only God knew just how much I needed to be surrounded by His love through music today. He knew how much I needed it right then, and He knew how much I would be needing it later in the afternoon. So I prayed. I prayed with all my heart that He would use His hands to get my radio tuned to the proper station. Soon after I finished praying, things started getting really busy for a bit, and I didn't have time to fiddle with it anymore. But once things settled down a bit, I sent up one more "Please, God" request and turned on my radio.

Lo and behold -- CHVN came on...crystal clear. Coincidence? I think not! I was blown away. Something so simple as a radio station was important to me; so it was important to God. I breathed a "Thank you God" and blew a kiss up towards Heaven and went about my day. Instantly it made a huge difference, like I knew it would.

What a wonderful God we serve!

No comments: