Friday, June 29, 2007

my friend, the aloe plant

I am very thankful for our wonderful aloe plant. It sure came in handy last night when Les was trying to nurse the bad sunburn on my back.....
OUCH!! Okay, so maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to sit out in the sun for 2 hours without any sunscreen on. But in my defense, I have been spending quite a bit of time outside this year already (which, for those of you who know me, is a bit out of the ordinary!) and I thought I would work on my tan a bit instead of lathering on the sunscreen right away. Well, it turns out I made a huge error!! Since I don't normally spend time outdoors without my shirt off (I know -- huge surprise, right?) my back wasn't used to the sun like the rest of me!! And of course that's the part of me that was facing the scorching sun.
OOPS!!!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Ouch, that looks very painful! Be sure to slather on that aloe! Take care

ValleyGirl said...

Wow, that's impressive. My bet is you'll never try THAT again!!

Erin said...

OUCH!!!!!!!

Pamela said...

Ack! Con did a similar thing last weekend at our friend's pool. He didn't sleep for the first couple days. Hope you feel better soon!