Monday, July 2, 2007

10 things i love about summer

As many of you know, I am hardly a fan of summer. I hate heat, camping, bugs, the beach...yeah, not very condusive to enjoying the hot summer Manitoba months.

But with a husband and 2 kids who would LIVE outside if they could, I need to start getting out there and trying to find some good things about summer. So here is my list (in no particular order) of 10 things I'm going to love this summer:

1. BBQ's -- complete with ripple chips & onion dip...mmmmm
2. Strawberry season
3. Building sand castles with my daughters
4. Wearing flip-flops
5. Summer treats; like watermelon, ice cream, freezies, slurpees....
6. Sitting in the shade with a good book while my kids play (happily.??) in the background
7. Thunder -- and by this I very specifically mean soft-in-the-distance-rolling thunder (anything more than that and it turns into immediate FEAR)
8. Taking the girls for boat rides (if Les doesn't get his boat sold in the near future)
9. Taking the girls on fun day trips -- to Fun Mountain, Tinkertown and the Zoo (this is all scheduled to happen on our second week of holidays at the very end of July)
10. Getting GRASS...hey, I can dream can't I??

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I'm glad to find that I am not the only one! I do love the warm weather (or should I say I enjoy my nice air conditioned home, lol!) and I love my kids being home all summer, but I am really not an outside kind of girl. Unfortunately, the rest of my family love the outdoors and so I am outnumbered!