Wednesday, July 25, 2007

the difference between a man and a woman

You all know the saying, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus." Tonight I was shown just one small way in which men and women are, in fact, very different.

After supper, we all went outside for awhile to enjoy the short break in the heat wave. After a few minutes I commented to Les that I was going to go inside and clean up from supper. He gave me a bit of a confused look and said "I cleaned most of it up already." Still, I went inside to 'finish' to job.

But when I walked in the house and saw the "mostly cleaned up" kitchen, this is what greeted my eyes....





Now, I can't speak for every woman out there -- but it's probably safe to say that most women would not consider that "mostly cleaned up" (although he had great intentions!). I couldn't help but chuckle to myself as I continued to complete the chore, including throwing out the girls' leftovers, finishing loading the dishwasher, wiping the table and counters and other miscellaneous things.



Ten minutes later I took these pictures...now that is what I call "mostly cleaned up."


(and yes, I did get Les' permission to write this post!)

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Okay, so just out of curiosity, what HAD he done??!!!!

Jamie said...

That's very funny! I bet a lot of women can relate to that--cleaning up after their husbands cleaned up!

Louise said...

Tooooo FUNNY!!!