Wednesday, July 11, 2007

an evening with my other half

No, I'm not talking about a date night with my hubby like the title might suggest. Rather I am talking about a girl's night with the other half of "Andrea Squared." My dear friend who I have shared an apartment with, shared a room with, shared a name with and shared a million memories with.

With our busy lives between our kids, hubbies, my work and many other demands of life we don't get together as often as we would like. So when we do, it's about time!! And every time I come away from time spent with this friend, I am flooded with a lot of memories from days gone by. Here are just a few of my favorites:

*driving down Pembina in my little Honda Accord with my sun-roof open, and Roxette tunes blasting from my tape deck!!
*going to Perkin's in the middle of the night for whole meals -- complete with dessert!! (and eyeing the cute waiters)
*having our bedroom walls plastered with Leonardo DiCaprio posters...sigh...
*staying up half the night in our room chatting about anything and everything
*laughing till we cried
*crying till we laughed

I could go on and on and on with many more memories, but I'll stop there. We have been there for each other through both of our weddings, through the birth of 5 children, through job changes, through friends and family issues (including issues of our own!) and we have many more years of friendship ahead of us.

There are a million new memories out there just waiting for us to create them and bring them to life!! I can't wait to discover them all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was a blast! you didn't mention tipping our waiters according to their cuteness! in the past 10 years, we have sure grown and matured...but we'll always be the blonde babes of Georgetown.just think... bad boy is at least 40yrs old and i still love Vision Beyond.lol!!!maybe growing up is good!!!great memories we've shared, here's to more to come...loveyou, an