Friday, July 20, 2007

friday's feast #152

Friday's Feast is a site I stumbled across through Erin's blog -- and Pam, since you LOVE these kinds of questionnaires, I think you should check it out too!! Anyway, apparantly every week the "chef" cooks up 5 questions for you to answer about yourself. Here it goes:


Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how much do you enjoy watching sports on television?
That all depends on which sport. Football -- probably a 9 (and a 10 if it's the Winnipeg Blue Bombers). Baseball and Hockey maybe a 3 and everything else a 1.


Soup
If you could completely memorize any one work of fiction, which one would you pick?
(I'm probably supposed to choose a book, but I'm going with a fiction movie instead) There was a time when I had "The Lion King" movie completely memorized -- word for word. I have since lost my VHS version (so if anybody has a copy they'd like to get rid of...LET ME KNOW!!), but I'm sure it wouldn't take more than one more viewing of it to completely get it back!!


Salad
What is your favorite breakfast food?
I don't eat breakfast if I'm at home. If I'm at work I have toast with cheese whiz and a cup of hot tea. But what I really like is going to a restaurant for breakfast and having the works: eggs, sausage (or lard sticks!), hashbrowns, toast with jam and orange juice. Mmmmm........


Main Course
Name something fun you can do for less that $10.00
Mini-golf!! I usually only do this once a year when my family goes to a cabin for a weekend (and my dad usually pays for all of us, so technically it doesn't even cost me anything!!). This annual weekend is approaching us in a few weeks and I'm already looking forward to beating my brother and brother-in-law!!!


Dessert
How long does it usually take you to fall asleep?
It usually takes me at least 1/2 an hour, but usually more like and hour to an hour and a half. I can never seem to shut my mind off. And it gets even worse in summertime because I get too warm. I sleep much better when the room is cool and I'm snuggled up in a thick, warm blanket. But in summertime, sleeping with only a thin sheet overtop of me....yeah, that doesn't work so well. Spring and summer is my "minor-insomnia-season."

4 comments:

J.D. Long said...

That breakfast sounded pretty good until you got to the "Lard Sticks." (What in the WORLD is a Lard Stick?)

Drop by my blog for a day-old cold pizza breakfast with ketchup on top!

~~John~~

Andrea said...

Ha ha. A "lard stick" is what my husband calls breakfast sausages. You know, those greasy -- but delicious in moderation -- links of sausage.

Pamela said...

Iim off to add my own feast too! Thanks for the link!

Bethany said...

Welcome to Friday Feast- it's lots of fun! I'm so happy to find another Karen Kingsbury lover- she's my favorite author! :) Your girls are adorable and I'll stop by again! Thanks for visiting my blog :)