Monday, July 2, 2007

honor your husband

There are many women participating in this 30-Day Honor Your Husband Challenge (including Pamela, Tammi and Tammy -- check out their goals) and I thought I would also join in. Here are some of my goals for the month:

1. Greet him at the door when he comes home from work with a hug and a kiss and a "I'm glad you're home -- how was your day?"

2. Don't nit-pick over every little thing he does that I may not like or agree with (like his laundry only making it to the heap on the floor rather than 2 feet farther into the laundry basket in the closet)

3. Speak well of him both in public (with or without him around) and also to my children; to let them know how special their Daddy is.

4. Work on what happens "behind closed doors."

5. Pray for him every day. I mean really pray for him; not just the surface "small-talk" stuff.

6. Spend more quality time with him (things that HE wants to do) -- this means LESS computer time in the evenings after the girls are in bed.

7. Give him FREE foot or back massages. "Free" means giving them to him without expecting one back.

These are my goals. And hopefully once I've done them for the month they will just come naturally and will become permanent habits!

Anyone else wanna join??

3 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, great goals! Those should take a bit of time, lol!

I'm looking forward to hearing how you're doing. Blessings!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Great goals Andrea!

Pamela said...

Great goals! Good Luck!