Tuesday, July 3, 2007

i want to pray for Y-O-U

As most of you have probably noticed, I have a "Who I'm Praying For" section on my sidebar which I try to update every week with a new friend or family member.

However -- I want to change the way that I do this. I want YOU to email ME with specific prayer requests that I can put on my sidebar. Here's what I'm thinking:

Anybody who has something they want me to pray for can email me the prayer request (with as much or as little details as you want) at lesan@mts.net. Please be sure to specify what you would prefer to remain confidential -- the details, or your name or both -- and I will only post what you want shared with whoever reads my blog. If nothing is indicated, I will use my own discretion.

Not only can I encourage more people through prayer this way, but I have specific things to pray for. Plus -- I want to work on improving my personal prayer life, and by having people counting on me to pray for them might just help me succeed in this area of my spiritual life.

Feel free to email me with as many prayer requests as you want week after week; you don't have to limit it to just once a month or anything. And I don't have to know you to be able to pray for you. You can be complete strangers who just take the time to check out my blog. Also -- I want to hear follow-ups from you as well. Let me know how God has answered these prayers and I can add them under my "I'm Praising God For..." category (and once again, please specify what is to be kept confidential -- I don't want to be divulging any information that is to be kept private).

The power of prayer is H-U-G-E (I have seen so many examples of this in my own personal life). I have a lot of faith in it and in the God who hears them.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Amen to the power of prayer! I always try to remember to pray for the people I see in the side bar of other people's blogs too. So when you publish a prayer request it gets even more "air time"!