Thursday, July 19, 2007

in loving memory

One year ago today I lost my dear, sweet Grandma. Jesus called her home
and she went to Him with open arms.
My Grandma was a wonderful woman. She was full of life, love and laughter.
And she loved the Lord with her whole heart.
She was a shining example of a godly woman and I am so proud to have known her
and to have been L-O-V-E-D by her.
It was said at her viewing service that every time a child, grandchild or great-grandchild
was added to her family she grew an extra heart that was specifically for that child.
It was so true.
She loved and loved and loved.
My Grandma was also the most amazing cook.
She will always be remembered for her delicious bread, chicken noodle soup, floutas,
and strawberry Roll Kuchen (to name a few).
After she passed away, I made a memoriam for her (with the help of my friend Jackie).
I made 3 copies -- one for my mom and one for each of my girls.
Below is a picture of it. It's not the greatest picture since it wan't taken with a
digital, so I had to take a picture of the picture. Click on the picture to see an enlarged version.
(and I had to take it from an angle so there wouldn't be a flash in the middle of it)
I miss my Grandma every day and I look forward to seeing her again one day...
Until then -- I love you, Grandma.
Say "Hi" to Jesus for me!!

Untitled Hymm
-Chris Rice
Weak and wounded sinner, lost and left to die
O raise your head for love is passin' by
Come to Jesus, come to Jesus, come to Jesus and live!
Now your burden's lifted and carried far away,
And precious blood has washed away the stain.
So sing to Jesus, sing to Jesus, sing to Jesus and live!
Like a newborn baby, don't be afraid to crawl.
And remember when we walk sometimes we fall
So fall on Jesus, fall on Jesus, fall on Jesus and live!
Sometimes the way is lonely, and steep and filled with pain
So if your sky is dark and pours the rain....
Then cry to Jesus, cry to Jesus, cry to Jesus and live!
Oh, and when the love spills over and music fills the night
And when you can't contain your joy inside
Then dance for Jesus, dance for Jesus, dance for Jesus and live!
And with your final heartbeat, kiss the world goodbye
Then go in peace and laugh on Glory's side
And fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus and live!
Fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus, fly to Jesus and live!

1 comment:

ValleyGirl said...

I can never NOT cry when I hear or sing this song. You're so fortunate to have been old enough to remember your grandma well by the time she passed away.