Saturday, July 7, 2007

playing with paint





Today we finally did what we've been talking about doing for several months: painted accent walls in our living room and dining room. And I guess I shouldn't say "we" did it, since I put my back out first thing this morning and was couch-bound the entire day!!

But lucky for Les, Joelle stepped in as his new assistant! Isn't she marvelous?? I think she has a future in art...





And how cute is she in Les' old button-up shirt? She had a great time while I sat back and cheered them on (with Malia in the background!).








Thankfully Les was still up for tackling the job even though he had to do it solo. We had been looking forward to this for so long. I was happy he had the energy to do it all, although I was very disappointed that I couldn't be involved in it.

We are both very happy with the results, even though Les had fun mocking the colours before they ended up drying nicer than what he thought!!

Here are the Before and After pictures. The lighting isn't the greatest, so it's hard to get the full effect, but take my word for it: it's a HUGE improvement from our very light beige walls that we have all over the house. And maybe some of you will just have to come over and see for yourself!! (look closely in the dining room pictures; its hard to tell that there's any change; but trust me, there is!)



3 comments:

Ruth said...

I LOVE the color. L-O-V-E!
beautiful.

good job Les and Joelle.

jackie said...

looks really nice! can't wait to see it in person!

Pamela said...

Looks great! It's amazing what a bit of paint can do, eh?