Saturday, July 7, 2007

shopping, nachos & pepsi, and a heart-to-heart

Last night I was out on a girl's night with my best friend Jackie. We did our usual thing: went shopping, went to Moxie's for nachos & pepsi and had a good chat. There's something about getting together for our girls' nights that just soothes my soul. I just know that I can talk to her about a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g and she will love me no matter what and vice versa (I am actually fortunate to have two close friends like this...the other one shares my name!!). We can dive deep into things on our hearts and minds, or we can just chat about nothing in particular. Either way, it's always an enjoyable time.

And the shopping is always fun too. In fact, last night we each found some items for $4.00 -- YUP, that's right...F-O-U-R B-U-C-K-S. Three Cheers for Wal-Mart!!

And as for Moxie's...we never finish the nachos platter, but we keep picking away at it all through our conversation -- and for some reason we keep ordering it again and again and again, even though it makes both of us sick afterwards...but it just tastes SO good.

I guess I'm just feeling really blessed by her friendship and I wanted to verbalize it. Jackie has helped me through so much in the 7 years that we have known each other. We have been there for each other through thick and thin and I know that I can always count on her. I know that she understands me and that she loves me unconditionally.

I plan on having many, many, many more chats with her over nachos & pepsi...until we're old and gray!!

2 comments:

jackie said...

you're making me cry! thanks for being such a sweetie. i love you.

Pamela said...

Sounds like a great time!