Monday, July 9, 2007

speaking my love language

I took this oline test to determine what my love language was; however, I knew what the outcome would be before I even did it. My love language is WORDS OF AFFIRMATION. Hands down; no question about it. I need to hear people tell me positive things about myself more than I need Physical Touch, Acts of Service, or Gifts.

I see this relate to my little "blog-world" as well. I get thrilled to the gills when people leave comments on my posts, give a response to my survey of the week or email me with prayer requests. It's as if I base my worth on how many people take the time to participate in this new part of my life (which is an askewed way of looking at things; in reality my worth is based solely on my Heavenly Creator -- but it's hard to always remember that).

So to all of you who regularly interact with me through this blog that has become an expression of myself -- THANK YOU. You bless my heart with each word that you contribute to my site and it makes me feel special. It may seem like a small thing, but by participating in any way you are speaking my love language.

And to those of you who have yet to join in the fun -- there's no better time to start than NOW!! I really would love to hear what all of you have to say. My counter at the top left hand side of the screen shows me how many hits I get but I get nowhere near that amount of comments. Don't be shy; blog-world is f-r-i-e-n-d-l-y, I promise!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

As I was reading this post and how you love getting responses on your blog and by email, I thought that must be my love language too. I knew words of affirmation would be close to my top one, and after taking that online test, I know it definitely is. Very interesting--thanks!

Pamela said...

That is my love language too! I think that it may explain why I am so reluctant to receive constructive criticism because it is almost the opposite effect...words hurt me more than anything else... Does that make sense?

~C said...

Andrea, I absolutely LOVE reading your blog posts!...I am very often moved to tears...you're so inspirational...and you're so real...I admire you so much, and I'm honored to be your friend!...love you!...Cindy