Wednesday, July 25, 2007

tag...i'm it!

I have been tagged by Jamie AND Tara to do a meme entitled "8 things about me." I will try to come up with something interesting, but it may be tough since I just posted 100 things about me on Sunday night!! I'm gonna have to dig deep!!

The Rules: “Each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people and then visits those peoples’ sites and comments letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do.”

1. I used to love to memorize commercials on TV. In fact, I still remember two of them (from like 15 years ago!!). They go like this:

"We learned to fly because someone believed in a dream. We went to the moon because someone believed in a dream. We found freedom because someone believed in a dream. The Canadian Spinal Research Organization believes that a damaged spinal cord can actually be repaired. And it is a dream that will soon be realized with your help. So please, give, and help make a dream come true."

And...(this one is done as a rap)...
"Yo, Yo it's clearance time and it's clear to me, you gotta see the cars at Ford & Mercury. Tempos, Topaz, at 3.9 the wrap-it-up-clearance is the bottom line. Kick it. For the best cars and trucks of 1993 (yes, that's right everybody -- I said it was 15 years ago!!) you gotta see the cars at Ford & Mercury. Oh yeah..."

2. I once got my car towed from MY OWN PARKING SPOT at my townhouse. That's right. The parking spot that I paid for every month. The problem was that it was situated right in between the visitor parking stalls, for whatever reason. BUT it was clearly marked that it was not a visitor spot. So one Sunday morning I looked out my bedroom window to see how the weather looked so I could decide what to wear to church. I was shocked to see that my car was missing!! At first I thought it was stolen, but then my roommate suggested I call the towing company. Let me tell you, did they ever get an earful!! AND...in the midst of all this chaos I got a phone call from somebody from church. The woman who was supposed to be the pianist that morning is a doctor and she had gotten a call for an emergency c-section, so they were asking if I could fill in!! I ended up having to take my roommate's car so I could get to church early for practice and my parents picked up my roommates!!!

3. When I graduated from high school I received the Riverbend Realty Award (a $250 cash award!!). This award was given to a student who showed leadership, involvement and had good overall grades. I was honoured to have my teachers select me to receive it.

4. I made it into the Manitoba Junior High Honor Band in grades 7-9 playing the clarinet. I tried out in grade 10 and didn't make the cut and I stopped trying out after that. I guess I don't take rejection very well!

5. My first kiss happened in a tent in an Army Surplus store. Hmmm...some of the details are embarrassing, so I'll just leave it at that!!

6. One day my sisters and I wanted to go play at a friend's house. So I was designated to go inside and ask my Mom if we could go. The answer was no, but I promptly went back outside and told my sisters, "Yep, we can go!" So off we went. Oops! When we came home, did we ever get in trouble!! And then my parents discovered that it wasn't really my sisters' faults as I was the one who lied, so I got in EXTRA trouble!!

7. I used to babysit -- FOR FREE!! There's this wonderful family that I know -- the same family that we have an annual ice cream date with -- and I wanted to give them a monthly date night. So I would babysit their 4 kids (and their 5th when he came around) once a month for free. It was a fun bonding time for me and the kids and I loved doing it!!

8. Les and I only dated for 1 month before I told him I loved him (he told me he loved me about a week and a half later), 3 months before we got engaged, and a total of 9 months before we were husband of wife.

Now I am supposed to tag 8 people. BUT....most of the people on my blog list have already been tagged -- except for my lovely Louise. So, knock yourself out baby!! (and anybody else who reads my blog that I don't know about...you can gladly consider yourself "tagged" too. Just make sure you leave me a comment so that I know to check it out!!)

4 comments:

Louise said...

Okay Andrea I will try this one out...Erin tagged me with this one too so now the pressure is on...stay tuned I'll try and get to it soon!!
Love the things by the way...it too remember stupid tv commercials but one thing I do remember is the GIJOE Theme song from when me and my brothers watched it as kids oh and a quote from Grade 9 social studies...oh I should actually use those in my 8 things..oh well stay tuned!

Tara said...

Even more to find out about you! Very interesting kissing in the tent thing, maybe that's why you don't like to camp...huh?

Alison said...

It was neat to read those eight things about you! I found the part about you and your husband very interesting as my husband and I too married shortly (16 months) after we met.

Thanks for visiting (and commenting) my blog! It is very nice to "meet" you!

Clayton Rumley said...

I realize your post here is now 8 years old, but I wanted to say that I've never forgotten the "Best cars and trucks of 1993" rap commercial and today I decided to Google the lyrics to see if anyone posted a video of it anywhere...and low and behold only your blog came up.

Man, that was a catchy tune, eh?

All the best!

Clayton