Friday, July 27, 2007

time to pray

Today it is my turn to ask for prayer. This weekend I am going on a camping trip with Les’ family from tonight until Monday. Now, for those of you who know me, you know that I do not enjoy camping. And on top of that, I do not enjoy hot weather. With those two combined, I’m going to be in desperate need of a good attitude!!

Pray that I look on the bright side of things – I get to sleep in our friends’ pop-up camper instead of in a tent, I get to spend the weekend with wonderful family, my girls get to play with their cousins all weekend who they don’t get to see very often, and there will be plenty of good food!! Plus, there are NO forecasts for any wicked thunderstorms.

Those things could very easily be over-looked though as Satan delights in people having to do something that they don’t overly enjoy. Pray that I will have power over him and that I will be able to downplay the bugs, hot weather, not sleeping in my own bed, etc.

I would really appreciate your prayers on this. And I will give you a report once I’m back, you can count on that!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Andrea. i will pray for you this weekend especially for a positive attitude so that you can enjoy it and maybe even laugh when things don't go as planned. looking forward to hearing all about it!i do feel for you!love,an

Pamela said...

Added you to my thoughts and prayers!

Jamie said...

I love the idea of camping, however as it doesn't ever all go as planned, it can be tiring and draining and hard to keep a positive attitude. I pray God will give you unending patience and smiles through the yucky stuff. I mean this honestly: Have fun!