Thursday, August 2, 2007

camping clarification

Apparantly my entry on my camping weekend has caused some confusion so I'd like to clarify so people don't think I'm being dishonest.

No, I do not love camping now -- I do not even slightly enjoy it (as a whole). I would much rather spend time with family and friends AT HOME than go camping. I wouldn't miss it if I were never to do it again.

H-O-W-E-V-E-R -- every word of my blog entry was true. There were several things that I thought were positive, such as the lake, spending time around the fire when the kids were in bed, wearing jeans, sleeping with my big blanket and watching the girls have fun with their grandparents and cousins. And on the flip side, there were several things that I did not enjoy -- the bugs, the bad nights, the heat, etc.

All of these things were mentioned in my post, however some people are getting the impression that I now actually like camping. Apparantly I made my experience sound more enjoyable than it actually was. So, in order to prevent people from thinking I am two-faced I am posting this clarification entry.

I still strongly dislike camping -- and probably always will -- but now that I'm back in the comfort of my own home, it's easier to look back and admit that there were parts of the weekend that weren't all bad. I'm the first to admit that I was wishing I was rather at home and that I had many "bad attitude" moments...but I was simply trying to make sure I noted the positive things as well, and not just focus on the negative.

Hope that's more accurate! I apologize for any confusion.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I hear ya...I would rather stay home too, lol!