Sunday, August 5, 2007

an encyclopedia of me

I have stumbled across a great idea for a "get-to-know-me" thing at Laane's site. It's called "An Encyclopedia Of Me Meme" -- click here for more information from the woman who started it. But here's the basic run-down: starting on August 1st (oops, I'm late!) you start with the letter A -- and move on down the alphabet as the days pass by -- and write something about something or someone of your choice that starts with that letter. It can be just one thing for each letter or multiple things; I get to pick! I'm a few days behind, so I'll start with two letters a day until I catch up!!

A is for Andrea

Yup, that's me. Andrea.
I am a woman. I am a wife. I am a daughter. I am a mother. I am a sister. I am a friend. I am an auntie. I am a CHILD OF GOD.

A is for Apple

Apples are so much tastier to eat when they are in slices. I don't know what it is. But to eat a whole apple just isn't nearly as appealing to me as when they are sliced.


B is for Baby

I don't have one of these anymore!! My babies are growing up. They are almost 4 and almost 2. Joelle still amazes me every day with how smart she is and how grown-up she is. And then there's my little miss Malia...she is talking so much these days and is just losing all her "baby-ish-ness" a little more every day.

Sometimes, I have to admit, I get a bit of "baby fever." But I think it's to be expected since both my sisters are pregnant, my best friend is pregnant, and my other closest friend just had a baby a few months ago. BABIES ARE EVERYWHERE!! But don't start getting excited -- TAMMY -- ...you won't be hearing any baby news from me!!

B is for Backstreet Boys

Okay, I admit it -- I used to like the Backstreet Boys. In fact, I would probably still bop along to one of their songs if I heard it (although that's not likely to happen since I mostly only listen to our local Christian radio station). Anyway, one of my favorite songs used to be "Don't Want You Back." Me and Jackie used to use that as our theme song when we were having boy troubles. Ah, the memories!!

Ooh...but Brian Littrell (one of the singers from said group) is now a solo artist and get this -- HE'S A CHRISTIAN. He's on CHVN95.1fm all the time. How cool, hey?


C is for Coffee Table

I hate my coffee table. Not the new one that we just bought to use as our new TV stand -- that one I love. But the one that's actually being used as our coffee table. It's not because it's ugly. In fact, it's a very nice looking table. BUT...the problem is that it's a glass top. Not good with 2 little kids running around. I can n-e-v-e-r keep it clean, no matter how hard I try. And just when I think I actually did get it clean, I look at it from another angle and just give up!! The only reason we got it in the first place was that it -- along with the two end tables -- came as a set with the leather furniture that we got when we moved into our new home. I'm really tempted to sell them and get something else...anybody interested?

C is for Chocolate Chips

I love snacking on chocolate chips...right Andrea?? (and for those of you who don't know, I'm not speaking to myself when I say that...I have a wonderful friend who shares my name -- who also shares my love for chocoalte chips). Sometimes when I'm in the mood for a little something chocolate, I'll just take a handful of chocolate chips. Mmmm....

C is for Camping

He he he...okay, I won't get into this one. By now you all know how I feel about it!!


Okay, so I did 3 letters today. I was on a roll!! But I'll stop now and continue tomorrow. Anybody else who is interested in doing this, make sure you leave me a comment so that I can go check out your site!! (Pam...?? Are you in?)

3 comments:

jackie said...

Oh... the days of singing that backstreet boys song! Marriage may not always be as exciting as dating was, but at least you don't get your heart broken anymore!

TammyIsBlessed said...

OK, I'm in!

Pamela said...

Ok, I'm in...might as well, before I head back to school and can't blog as much!