Friday, August 17, 2007

friday's feast #156

Go to Friday's Feast to join in the fun!
Appetizer:
Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?
HA! There is absolutely no method to my madness! For this -- my most dreaded chore -- I wait until I have so much laundry that it's an overwhelming task. I know, I know...if I kept up with it more it wouldn't be so overwhelming, therefore would perhaps lose the title of "most dreaded chore."

Soup:
In your opinion, what age will you be when you'll consider yourself to be truly old?
Well, this is something that has definitely changed over the last decade or two. When I was younger of course I thought that 30 was OLD!! But since I am only a year and a half away from that, I know better! Hmmm...I know people in their 50's and even 60's who still don't seem old to me -- so I'd have to say maybe 70 (of course that's what I say now...but maybe when I turn 40 I'll be crying the blues).

Salad:
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term or both?
One of my goals is to paint my daughters' bedrooms and get them actual curtains for their windows (currently they just have towels and blankets as their draperies). I also want to get Joelle a real bed -- she's been sleeping on just a mattress on the floor for over a year now! I think we'll just get Malia's bed too while we're at it, since it will only be aout 8 months or so until she will make the transfer. We're actually thinking about getting bunk beds -- the ones that can come apart and be used separately. That way if they ever want to share a room, we can just put the bunk beds together and it would be a huge space-saver! These are definitely short-term goals; ones I hope to get done before winter settles in.

Main Course:
Name something unbelievable you've seen or read lately.
Well, this might not be unbelievable -- but it's sure pretty incredible...The changes in my almost 4-year-old daughter, Joelle. She seems to be coming out of her shell these days -- an example of this was when she was handing out hugs left and right at my family's weekend at the cabin last weekend. This is something that is very uncommon for her. Also the way she was a lot braver in the water this summer. I'm so proud of her!

Dessert:
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?
Well, let's evaluate this...here is a list of things that transpired today:
*I woke up to a cool, crisp morning. We had our bedroom window open all night so I could do what I love best -- curl up in my nice, big blanket (good start!)
*First thing this morning I read an uplifting and encouraging email from my newest -- and one of my now dearest -- friends
*Joelle didn't cry and scream when I left her at the neighbor's and went to work
*I listened to CHVN95.1FM (Christian radio station) all day
*I resisted a FREE chocolately doughnut
*Almost as soon as I sat down at my desk, a young, hip 18-year-old co-worker came up and told me how glad she was that I was at work that day -- apparantly it's not quite as fun when I'm not there
*This same fashionable co-worker complimented me on my favorite jeans that I was wearing and told me (as she has on numerous occasions) that I'm a "cool Mom" (now if only my girls will think that of me when they're 18!!)
*I got a box of Smarties from the service manager in our Ottawa store for doing such a good job in the past
*I had lunch with a co-worker (another dear friend)
*I made this friend smile when she was having a rough day
*I made a successful trip to Value Village for some fall clothes for Joelle

(Look at those cute shirts...and I got them all for $10.00)

*I didn't have to cook...Les made a delicious supper for our family

*After supper Les took the girls apple-picking which gave me almost 2 hours to myself. The first thing I did was give my kitchen the attention that it was desperately lacking.






Before Pictures








After Pictures






(But I didn't stop there! I also cleaned my main floor bathroom, dusted my main floor, swept & washed my floors and practiced piano for playing in church on Sunday.)

So...to sum it all up -- with everything that happened today, I'd say my level of happiness was probably about a 9. Not too shabby!!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I loved reading your answers! Especially the last one...As your "old" friend, let me say, I think you are a cool mom too!

Jamie said...

Sounds like a GREAT day! I love reading all your answers.

Jenn said...

Where does a person go apple picking around here?