Tuesday, August 28, 2007

how great Thou art...

While I was driving home from work today, I heard Michael Tate's version of "How Great Thou Art" on CHVN95.1FM. I've always loved this song and usually feel very moved by it and today was no exception. Especially with the way I have been feeling lately. And then later tonight while some really dark and heavy storm clouds were rolling over our house...well, it just seemed like such a powerful and emotional combination and I couldn't not share it.


O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed
.
When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art, how great Thou art
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art, how great Thou art
And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration,
And there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art!


Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art, how great Thou art
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art, how great Thou art

6 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Pre- and post-storm times evoke the most emotion, I think. There's such a tangible sense of anticipation before or an elated, cup-runneth-over feeling aftewards. For me, anyway.

Ruth said...

:) amen.

btw gloria is amazing. i LOVE the new blog header.

Jamie said...

I love that song too, and the picture you put with it is perfect!

Tara said...

What an amazing picture!

Gloria said...

I love that song too! Some of my all time faves are old hymns... especially when they are remade to include a base guitar and some drums;)

Louise said...

LOVE IT!