Saturday, August 25, 2007

i'd like to thank...

Okay, I won't really go on and on with a long-winded acceptance speach like on all those awards shows...but I am excited to tell you all that I have been given an award. My first blogging award. For those of you who don't blog and who only read mine because you're my friend -- you may not know that there are ocassionally awards that get passed around to encourage and support each other. See? Blogging is such a great community!!


Anyway..."This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."

This is what this award represents and it has been given to me by not one -- but two -- friends and fellow bloggers. Erin and Tara, my two wonderful neighbors, have thought it fitting to pass this award on to me. Thanks, ladies!
I have the extreme privilege of not only being blogging-buddies with these ladies but also knowing them in "real life." And I'd like to take a little bit of time to tell you how special and nice they really are.

I'll start with Erin: For those of you who already know her too, or even if you read her blog, you know that Erin is fun-loving, happy and sweet. She also has a heart of gold and she loves her friends (she is a social butterfly so friends is something she has A LOT of). Erin has also been really kind to me by providing me with regular babysitting -- for way less than daycare prices -- making it possible for me to go to work more often (one more day Erin -- are you excited for more freedom?). This has been a huge help and I have been blessed by her willingness to help me out.


Next is Tara: Possibly the nicest woman in the entire world (right, Erin?). Tara is friendly to everyone, she is giving, extremely hospitable, caring, sensitive, sympathetic. She even picked weeds out of our flower bed while we were away on holidays, just because. Oh -- and I can't forget that she gives me hair cuts and doesn't let me pay her! Her family is extremely blessed to have her as their wife and mom and I am extremely blessed to have her as my friend and neighbor.


Now I am supposed to give this award out to 7 other bloggers who I feel are deserving. I don't know if I'll quite give it to 7 (especially since most of the people who I would give it to have already received it one or more times...) but here is who I will give it to:
Jamie -- It's been fun to re-connect with someone I knew WAY back. And Jamie has always taken the time to participate in my email surveys.
Gloria -- First of all, her blog title (Yes, these are MY thighs) is the coolest! But Gloria has been sweet to me and I've only "known" her for a couple of weeks. She leaves me comments just to make me feel good and just this past week she offered to help me spruce up my blog-header (look for it sometime in the near future).
Ruthie -- I know that she has already received this award a few times -- but there is a reason for that. Ruth is also a friend that I have had the privilege to re-connect with after several years and her blog is so inspiring to read (seriously -- go check her out) and she blesses me quite regularly with her comments that she leaves me.
Louise -- Again, she has been the recipient of this award already and rightly so. But I just couldn't not give it to her again. Louise is one of the sweetest bloggers that I know and one of the few new friends that I have made through this blog-world. Louise, thanks for taking the time to be a part of my blog!


Okay, so that's four. Enjoy, Ladies!! And thanks for making my blog-world a better place!!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Oh, Andrea! Is all I can say, thank you for all your kind words! You are a great friend and neighbor and we love you guys!

Ruth said...

thanks ANDREA. :)
love you!

Gloria said...

Thanks Andrea!

*blushes*

Jamie said...

Wow, Andrea, I'm honoured! Thanks so much for the award! I've really enjoyed reconnecting with you as well!