Thursday, August 9, 2007

next comes i and j

I is for Irritated
I have to admit that I get irritated very easily -- which made it very easy for my little brother to pick on me when we were younger (okay, and even now) and it also made it easy for my husband to take over the role of "pest" when we got married. They get their kicks out of it -- and I know I shouldn't let them know just how much things bother me -- but they drive me C-R-A-Z-Y!!!


J is for Joelle
My precious first-born daughter. Joelle came into this world at 6:34pm on Saturday, September 20th 2003. She was a week late and my labour was 20 1/2 hours which included 1 hour of pushing. She was 20 1/2" long and weighed 9 lbs 1 oz.

A few minutes after she was born, I had post-pardum hemmoraghing. It took my doctor and 4 nurses about an hour to stop the bleeding. It was a very traumatic time for me, as I had visions of me dying before even getting to really hold and hug and kiss my daughter. Thankfully they got everything under control, and other than having to take a lot of iron pills for the next few months and being extremely tired and weak for awhile, I was completely fine.

She was a baldie when she was born -- quite opposite of her little sister -- but she now has a beautiful head of blonde, curly hair. She also had bright blue eyes for the first 9 months of her life and they have since turned to a beautiful hazel.

Joelle is a sweet little girl with a stubborn streak the size of...well, the size of something really huge!! She has a beautiful giggle, a brilliant mind and a heart of gold. She flashed her first smile at 4 weeks, she got her first tooth at 10months, she learned to walk one week before her 1st birthday, by the time she ws 18 months old she was pretty much speaking in full sentences, she was potty-trained by the time she was 2 1/2 years old, and she became a big sister 10 days after she turned 2.

Joelle is a little girl who loves to sing, loves to ride her bike, go camping with her daddy, eat freezies, and play with her grandparents and cousins. She is a girl that I treasure more with each passing day and I am so blessed to have her as my daughter. I was hoping for a girl when I was pregnant with her, but everybody kept telling me that they were sure I was having a boy. So I mentally and emotionally prepared myself for the doctor to say "It's a Boy!" but when they said "It's a Girl" and placed her on my chest, I couldn't stop crying...I was so excited to have the daughter that I had always really wanted.

No comments: