Thursday, August 16, 2007

o is for "on a roll"

Today was my first day at home A-L-L D-A-Y in a long time. Things have been so busy lately and things at home have been falling through the cracks. So today I decided that I was going to be productive. And I was!!


I did laundry galore and it just feels good for everybody to have all clean clothes and towels again. I even folded it all, as the picture below proves (well, the girls' laundry is still in the dryer but I'm going to force myself to fold it too before going to bed).



I also swept my floor. Man, it feels good to be able to take more than a step without picking something up on your bare feet. I didn't get around to washing it -- but that can be done on Saturday (after I sweep again, of course!).

Then I noticed that my sour cream's best before date was yesterday, so instead of letting it all go to waste I baked 3 loaves of Sour Cream Swirl Loaf -- I'll try and post the recipe for that tonight...it's delicious (and no, for those of you who hate sour cream as much as I do -- you can't even tell that there's sour cream in it).

I also finally made a decent meal for supper tonight. Lately I've been slacking with all sorts of simple meals, but tonight we had a beef roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, peas and cucumber salad -- with fresh garden cucumbers (well okay...I suppose I should give credit to Les for the salad). I also cleaned up all the pots and pans after the meal -- again, with Les' help.

Then...we did something that I have been wanting to do ever since we moved in here. WE GOT RID OF OUR BIG UGLY BEASTY COUCH. Well, it hasn't made it to the dump...yet -- but it is out of my house and to me that's all that matters! It is currently sitting in the garage and I think Les is debating on keeping it in there. As long as it's out of my house I don't care!

Here it is in all it's glory. Definitely not the prettiest (nor the smallest) piece of furniture. But it did us several years of good service as this was our first couch when we got married. And of course now that the big beast is out of the basement, it's time to re-organize, so I spent some more time this evening doing that too.

And after my short break to blog about my busy day (and to watch the last part of the finale of "So You Think You Can Dance"), I'm going to get off my butt again and continue doing things around the house that need to get done.

Man, am I ever on a roll today!!

2 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Look at you go!! I just wish I could keep up my momentum instead of having one day like that and then, oh, 4 days of laziness!! You'd think that'd be easier because it feels so good to get so much done! Good for you!!

Gloria said...

just LOVE days like this. I have had a few lately as well.