Friday, August 17, 2007

q is for quote

While "Some days you're the bug, some days the windshield" is one of my favorite quotes, I'd like to share a couple of other ones that are newer to me.

Further down on my side-bar I have a quote of the day for Mom's (which can also often be used for Dad's too, not just Mom's) and one of them has really struck a chord with me. Not all of you may frequently peruse everything on my side-bar, so I thought I'd highlight it in its own post:

"Don't just tell your children that you love them. Tell them what you love about them."

There's also another quote that I can't quite remember word-for-word, but it follows the same lines. It talks about not assuming your children know you are proud of them, but encourages us as parents to tell them how proud we are of them.

These quotes are excellent reminders as to how important positive praise is to young children.

6 comments:

Pamela said...

lol! Love that bug quote...I'll have to remember that one :)

Tara said...

So very true, with all the quotes. I loved them!

Jamie said...

I actually added that "Motivation for Moms" to my blog after reading that quote last week or whenever it was about telling your kids what you love about them. Thanks for sharing that!

Ruth said...

AHH. i love quotes. LOVE EM.

btw it was so GREAT to see you and your lovely family tonight. xo you're are all even more beautiful irl then online!

love you. shalom...

lil ole' me..... said...

I love reading new quotes.... all of the ones you posted were new to me, so thanks for sharing!

ValleyGirl said...

Ahhhh, you gotta love Mark Knopfler. (from the same song, I like, "Sometimes you're the Louisville Slugger, sometimes you're the ball.") Great quotes.