Monday, August 20, 2007

s is for sour cream swirl loaf

I mentioned a few days ago that I was going to post my recipe for my delicious loaf. So...here it is!



Sour Cream Swirl Loaf
1/4 cup butter ----------------1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar -------------1 cup sour cream
2 eggs ------------------1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla ---------------1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour -------------------1 tbsp cinnamon
Cream butter, add sugar & eggs, beating & blending well. Add vanilla, flour, baking powder, sour cream and baking soda. Put 1/2 of the mixture in loaf pan. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on half of the brown sugar & cinnamon mix. Add the rest of the batter; sprinkle the top with the remaining sugar & cinnamon mixture. Knife through batter.
Bake at 350F for 45 min.
(personal preference: served best warmed with cheese slices)

3 comments:

jackie said...

hey... that's what I ate at your house today! Yummy!

Ruth said...

mmmmmmmm
ok.
i'm gonna TRY it. :) do you have any good zuchinni bread recipes?

xo

Rebecca said...

mmm...this sounds good. I'll have to pick up a few items {I'm not a baker so I don't have some staples like baking powder & brown sugar - shame I know!} Thanks for sharing!