Monday, August 6, 2007

something new in the air

Today was the p-e-r-f-e-c-t day -- weather-wise, I mean. I was so excited that I was able to wear PANTS all day long!! In fact, I could've even worn a sweater and still been comfortable. I opened up all my windows and just enjoyed the fresh, c-o-o-l air flowing through my house.

And you know what? It didn't only feel nice -- it smelled nice too. It smelled like F-A-L-L. Yes, everybody...fall was in the air (and I have the nose for it). I know it's still early August and there are plenty more warm days to come yet -- BUT -- today was one day of relief for me. One small taste of what's just around the corner.

Fall is my most favorite time of year. I know a lot of people don't like fall because it means that winter is around the corner. But that's unfair to the fall season. It isn't responsible for winter. Fall is a beautiful time of year. The leaves change color and fall to the ground (I know, the raking isn't the best part...but just be thankful that you have TREES to begin with!!), the air has a new smell, things start falling into more of a routine again -- I l-o-v-e routine!! -- and...well, it's just such a beautiful time of year.

So for those of you who dislike fall because of what comes next -- I encourage you this year to try and appreciate the fall season for what it is. It's a short season (way too short!), but oh-so-sweet!!

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Not interested in enjoying fall until it GETS HERE!!!!! Summer is also way too short for some of us! It is nice to get a break after all the heat and humidity though, that's for sure.

Gloria said...

I was pretty excited to put on my yoga pants and hoodie (note: the yoga pants have never seen a yoga mat, so should I just start calling them pants?)

Took advantage of the cooler day by moving an annoying shrub from my front bed to the back yard where it can grow all it wants and removing another ugly shrub to the garbage pile!

Not that I am rushing the cool weather, but it WAS a nice change.

Pamela said...

I LOVE fall...it is my favourite season by far! I am not overly looking forward to what fall has instore for us when we all go back to school fulltime, but I do love FALL!