This is my first Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Names That I Like (not including Joelle and Malia)
(Some of these names didn't get Les' vote when we were choosing names for our children, and some of them I only liked as middle names -- but here they are)
1. Meghan -- if we were ever to have another girl, I would name her Meghan.
2. Reid -- this one was Les' favorite boy's name, but I only liked it as a middle name. If Malia had been a boy, Reid would've been her middle name (Braden would've been the first name, but I have since changed my mind on that one, so good thing she wasn't a boy!!)
3. Cassidy -- I have loved this name for a girl ever since I was a young teenager. And I think shortening it to "Cassie" is super cute!
4. Brandon -- this was my vote for if Malia was a boy, rather than Braden. But for some reason it didn't float with Les.
5. Lily -- how simple and beautiful is this name??
6. James -- I just like it.
7. Jane -- I had always wanted to use this as a middle name -- I actually thought it would go really well with Cassidy. BUT...before I even got pregnant with Malia, my sister-in-law and my two best friends all used Jane as middle names for their girls. So...we went with Jade instead, which I think flows better with Malia anyway!
8. Nicholas -- I always thought this was a strong name for a boy
9. Jessalyn -- this got a quick "no way" from Les, but I thought it was kinda pretty
10. Sean -- again, I just like it.
11. Madison -- before we heard the name Malia, this was the top runner for if she was a girl. I was glad that we found something else though, 'cause even though I love this name -- and the shortened version, Maddy -- it was among the top 5 most popular girl's names that year.
12. Jaden -- for a boy. This would've been a strong contender for if Joelle was a boy, but a few months before we were due one of Les' cousins (who we are somewhat close with) had a girl that they named Jadyn. Coincidentally they also had another daughter 5 days before Malia was born and named her Madison. And even more coincidentally -- they just had a son named Bredan a couple of months ago...and after talking with the mother this last weekend, I found out that they would've used Braden (our chosen name for if Malia would've been a boy) but friends of theirs used it first. I guess we both have excellent tastes in names!!
13. Holly -- this never really made any real list, but I was having a hard time coming up with a 13th name, so I thought I'd throw this one out.
Hey Jamie -- if you're still looking for a middle name for your soon-to-be bundle, maybe something here will jump out at you!!