Thursday, August 9, 2007

thursday thirteen {#1}

This is my first Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Names That I Like (not including Joelle and Malia)
(Some of these names didn't get Les' vote when we were choosing names for our children, and some of them I only liked as middle names -- but here they are)
1. Meghan -- if we were ever to have another girl, I would name her Meghan.
2. Reid -- this one was Les' favorite boy's name, but I only liked it as a middle name. If Malia had been a boy, Reid would've been her middle name (Braden would've been the first name, but I have since changed my mind on that one, so good thing she wasn't a boy!!)
3. Cassidy -- I have loved this name for a girl ever since I was a young teenager. And I think shortening it to "Cassie" is super cute!
4. Brandon -- this was my vote for if Malia was a boy, rather than Braden. But for some reason it didn't float with Les.
5. Lily -- how simple and beautiful is this name??
6. James -- I just like it.
7. Jane -- I had always wanted to use this as a middle name -- I actually thought it would go really well with Cassidy. BUT...before I even got pregnant with Malia, my sister-in-law and my two best friends all used Jane as middle names for their girls. So...we went with Jade instead, which I think flows better with Malia anyway!
8. Nicholas -- I always thought this was a strong name for a boy
9. Jessalyn -- this got a quick "no way" from Les, but I thought it was kinda pretty
10. Sean -- again, I just like it.
11. Madison -- before we heard the name Malia, this was the top runner for if she was a girl. I was glad that we found something else though, 'cause even though I love this name -- and the shortened version, Maddy -- it was among the top 5 most popular girl's names that year.
12. Jaden -- for a boy. This would've been a strong contender for if Joelle was a boy, but a few months before we were due one of Les' cousins (who we are somewhat close with) had a girl that they named Jadyn. Coincidentally they also had another daughter 5 days before Malia was born and named her Madison. And even more coincidentally -- they just had a son named Bredan a couple of months ago...and after talking with the mother this last weekend, I found out that they would've used Braden (our chosen name for if Malia would've been a boy) but friends of theirs used it first. I guess we both have excellent tastes in names!!
13. Holly -- this never really made any real list, but I was having a hard time coming up with a 13th name, so I thought I'd throw this one out.
Hey Jamie -- if you're still looking for a middle name for your soon-to-be bundle, maybe something here will jump out at you!!

8 comments:

Irishcoda said...

Ooooh, good idea for a list although I'm past the naming my babies age! I love your daughter's name, Malia. I also like Meghan and Holly. My own nickname is Cassie but it is short for Cassandra, not Cassidy.

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Brandon was a fave of mine. I knew a fellow WAY back when in the mil named "Brandon"... and I once told him how I like the name because I noticed all the girls in the squad called him "Brandy" but "Brandon" had strength and was a mans name... and how it was rare to find a medium like that.

Sadly, he replied that most of his good friends called him "Bran" or "Brand"... one of which makes you poop good and the other is a marketing term.

Kinda took the wind out of my sails...

Christine said...

I love Lily and my Maddy is a Madalyn.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your ticker at the top, it made me smile.

Peter Plum said...

Good name ideas. My wife likes "Jayden", which sounds like the one you have in your list.

Nice TT!

Natalie said...

Great list!

My name is not ever on the popular names lists that I know of. :)

Happy TT!

Jamie said...

Thanks for the ideas! Since that post a while ago we've come up with a first and middle name for our new child and I'm so excited for it! However, in the back of my mind I still want to come up with a name for the other gender...just in case!

Pamela said...

Great 13! I love names!

Nicholas said...

You are so right about #8!