Thursday, August 23, 2007

v is for...

V is for Visiting

I love visiting. Not really on the phone so much. But via email or my most favorite -- by going out for coffee and having a good face-to-face conversation. So...if any of you are interested in coming down to my neck of the woods sometime and go for "coffee" and have a good visit -- just let me know!!

V is for Venting

Sometimes you just need to vent. To get things off your chest. Venting doesn't just mean that you're mad...you can vent if you're sad, frustrated or insecure. Just opening up to someone and letting it all out feels so good.

Today Les and I took the girls for a bike ride to a nearby park. After we all played for awhile, we let the girls run around while we had a good chat. I took this opportunity to vent about something that has been bothering me (not with him, just for the record). Something that I felt hurt by. Les was patient with me as I voiced my thoughts and he was supportive and encouraging and made some suggestions on how to make it better. I needed this time.

V is for Victory

Did you know that nothing is too big for God? Really, it's true. No matter how hopeless things seem, how far we stray, how big our mistakes...there is Victory in Jesus. "I once was lost, but now am found. I once was blind but now I see. I once was dead but now I live." Claim that for yourself. There is power in these words.

I once was lost but now am found
I once was lost but now am found
So far away -- but I'm home now
I once was lost but now am found
And now my lifesong sings

I once was blind but now I see
I once was blind but now I see
I don't know how -- but when He touched me
I once was blind but now I se
And now my lifesong sings
And now my lifesong sings

I once was dead but now I live
I once was dead but now I live
Now my life to you I give
Now my life to you I give
Now my life to you I give

Hallelujah, Hallelujah -- Now my lifesong sings to you
Hallelujah, Hallelujah -- Now my lifesong sings to you
Hallelujah, Hallelujah -- Now my lifesong sings to you
Hallelujah, Hallelujah -- Now my lifesong sings to you

- Casting Crowns

1 comment:

Tara said...

Venting is good, I hope everything is okay and you are feeling better. Let me know if there is any thing I can do!