Monday, August 13, 2007

i'm b-a-a-a-c-k

Okay, I know I wasn't gone for too terribly long -- just a weekend -- but in case any of you were wondering where I was, here's the scoop:

This weekend was another weekend away with family -- BUT...more my kind of style. An air conditioned cabin with a TV and DVD player A-N-D...a swimming pool in the backyard (well, shared with 5 other cabins, but still...). This weekend away was with my side of the family, and most of us were there on Friday evening already.

We had the perfect weekend weather-wise. It rained Friday evening and early Saturday morning, but Friday we were inside anyway watching a football game, and Saturday morning we didn't have any plans to leave the cabin yet.

We headed to Falcon Lake for a round of mini-golf after the rain passed and we had a great time. We spent most of Saturday afternoon in the pool and at the play structure. We also took a walk in the evening down to a bigger playground and walked by the lake.

Sunday we were joined by my sister Tammy and her family, although most everybody else left mid-afternoon so the rest of Sunday was just us, my parents and Tammy's family. We again hung out at the pool and the playground and after supper we headed back to Falcon for another round of mini-golf and then a stop for some ice cream before heading home and leaving my parents there to enjoy the rest of the week to themselves. I'm sure the cabin will have felt very empty and quiet after everybody was gone!!

It seemed like everybody had a great time and I'm already looking forward to next year!! Although it's good to be home again, as always. And of course I have pictures to share with you all!!




Daddy & Joelle "monkey-ing" around!



My token "words are not needed" pictures




The cousins in different combinations



My sweetie-pies goofing around



I will also share some individual pictures -- and some of them might be duplicates from the collages above, but I wanted to show them in larger form too 'cause they're just too darned cute!!


Daddy giving Joelle golfing lessons




Malia's too busy playing her own game to listen to instructions!!


Joelle just being silly with her Daddy (this happens a lot, them being silly together)






Daddy's got his hands full!!




Think you've got enough chips there, Jo?


And just in case those aren't enough pictures -- here's some more!!


Testing out the water



Joelle definitely started getting braver as the afternoon wore on

She was also much more comfortable swimming with a pool noodle

Emma, Joelle & Sophia cheering Grandpa on as he swam laps underwater

Lookin' good Tammy!

Time for ice cream, girls!

Talking on the "hello" (phone) while sitting in Elliott's pool airplane

It was hard getting all their faces on the picture while constantly swinging, but it was sure cute watching them giggle on this tire swing.

Having a bed-time snack with Elliott

And that pretty much sums it up -- so I'll stop there!!

7 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Ah, the post is back!! Stopped by earlier, but it disappeared before I could leave a comment! Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Erin said...

looks like fun! Wish there was a pool closer to us.

Jamie said...

I tend to leave lots of pictures too, and I sometimes feel like it's too many, but if people think that, they can leave my blog right? Anyway, I love looking at lots of pictures so I don't think you posted too many! Looks like a great time--makes me wanna go out and do that kind of thing again soon! Your girls are adorable! I love the picture of Malia jumping.

Tara said...

Looks like it was a nice and relaxing weekend!

jackie said...

great pics! looks like you had a blast!

Pamela said...

We just came back from falcon lake and if we had gone golfing on SUnday...we may have even run into you! Looks like you had a great weekend!

Lena said...

OMG such cute pics!! loved them all, the kids are so cute and all are looking so happy!!