Thursday, September 20, 2007

my happy four-year-old

Well...today is the day. My oldest daughter is now 4 years old. WHAT?!? How did that happen? Wasn't it just yesterday that I heard the joyous words, "It's a girl!" and had her lain upon my chest? Didn't she just learn her first words and take her first steps and get potty-trained? I know everybody always says that it goes by so fast -- but seriously, how does this even happen? Next year Joelle starts school, for crying out loud!!



She's very excited about being 4 though. In fact, I've heard "I'm 4 now" at least a dozen times already this morning (mostly to Malia who seems pretty indifferent to the whole thing)! Here she is, proudly displaying her age....

Look at those cheeks! Don't you just want to squish them? What a beautiful, happy birthday girl!!




None of my baby pictures of my girls are digital, but here's a picture of a photo shoot that Joelle and I were a part of when she was 5 months old. My friend Jackie was taking a photography course and asked if we could be her subjects for one of her assignments. We had a great time (and when Malia was the same age, I requested the same pictures to be taken...those you'll see in 11 days!) and the pictures turned out really great.


Joelle is a very sweet, loving, energetic little girl and I am so proud to be her mom. God blessed us in a HUGE way when he entrusted this precious treasure to our care. It is my prayer that I raise Joelle to be a responsible, kind, friendly woman who loves the Lord and desires to do His will.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my precious little angel!! I love you!


x0x0


(Look for more pictures coming soon with details of how we spent this special day)

4 comments:

pam d said...

Happy birthday Joelle!

Jamie said...

Joelle is such a cute little girl! Hope you all have a happy day with her!

Amanda said...

Those are beautiful pics of Joelle. Hope you guys have a great day.

pamj said...

YAY!! Your big girl is 4!! That is very exciting. Tell her T and J wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and give her a kiss on each cheek from them!