Monday, September 10, 2007

snapshots from our wedding day

Since we were away on our actual anniversary (Saturday, September 8th), this post is a couple of days late. But I still wanted to show you all pictures from our special day S-I-X years ago (the pictures weren't digital, so I had to take pictures of the pictures...so excuse the poor old-fashioned quality!).



This is a copy of our wedding invitation that I designed

(and my sister Tammy did up on her computer)


Below are a bunch of pages from my wedding scrapbook

I think if you click on the pictures you can see a bigger version of it

(of course it looks better in the actual album, but this is better than nothing)



Our beautiful bridesmaids and handsome groomsmen!




Our adorable 4 flower girls (can you believe the oldest one is

now old enough to babysit?!?!)


And of course our wonderful families



The lovebirds....



This pose was so much fun...actually the best part was that it wasn't a pose.



Our wedding verse was Jeremiah 29:11


"For I know the plans I havce for you" declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."






And to sum it all up...here are the words to one of the songs that was sung during our wedding ceremony.


When You Say Nothing At All



It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart


Without saying a word you can light up the dark


Try as I may I could never explain


What I hear when you don't say a thing



The smile on your face lets me know that you need me


There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me


A touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall


You say it best when you say nothing at all



All day long I can hear people talking out loud


But when you hold me near you drown out the crowd


Old Mister Webster could never define


What's being said between your heart and mine



The smile on your face lets me know that you need me


There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me


A touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall


You say it best when you say nothing at all

10 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I'm so off my game lately -- I knew it was on the weekend, but completely forgot about sending a card. Sheesh. I'm sorry!

Jamie said...

Great pictures--isn't it so fun looking back, especially when you don't look at them very often! And I love that song too.

Sheldon said...

happy belated anniversary to BOTH of you! :)

Tara said...

Happy belated anniversary! Hope you had a great weekend. Your pictures are beautiful, and I love that song as well!

Pamela said...

Happy belated anniversary! great photos!

andrea said...

you look absolutely radiant in your wedding pictures...just stunning. amazing memories. you are so beautiful...then and now!

TammyIsBlessed said...

Happy belated Anniversary! I can blame pregnancy brain right?!

I forgot you guys had the same song that we did at our wedding!

I love your wedding pictures - I'm still sorry we didn't know about her (photographer) at our wedding.

TammyIsBlessed said...

And how was your weekend?!

Louise said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Hope it was wonderful!!
Greatpics!!

Jenn said...

Your pictures are really nice and I love your scrapbook pages! You did a great job. Wouldn't you like to scrapbooking with me??
Can you believe we had the same song sung at our wedding!