Thursday, September 6, 2007

thursday thirteen {#3}



Thirteen things I'm looking forward to about our kid-free weekend away to Grand Forks (in ONE MORE SLEEP!!)

1. First -- not having to go to work tomorrow. I have started my new work schedule (which is every Tuesday and only 2 out of 5 Fridays), so this will be my first Friday since going back to work after my mat leave with Malia that I don't have to go to work (other than holiday days we may have taken here and there).

2. Spending quality, one-on-one time with my hubby.

3. Not getting woken up by anybody during the night (unless if Les snores).

4. Not getting woken up by anybody in the early morning hours.

5. Only having to get myself ready in the morning and nobody else!

6. Being able to wear s-w-e-a-t-e-r-s (the forecast is for mid-teens with some clouds and rain thrown in...although we all know how accurate weather forecasts really are!).

7. Shopping.

8. Shopping.

9. Did I mention SHOPPING?!?!

10. Going out to eat again and again and again...and again! (and not having to cut up food, blow it to proper temperatures and clean up messy hands and faces at the end of the meal)

11. Specifically going out to eat at Paradisio (Mmmm...Mexican food -- here we come!!)

12. Coming back to the hotel room at the end of the day to find somebody else made my bed for me!

13. Relaxing in our own private jacuzzi tub!!

What's your Thursday Thirteen?

16 comments:

Nancy J. Bond said...

Have a wonderful, kid-free weekend! It sounds lovely. :)

Pen said...

Sounds like heaven to me! I love those kid-free weekends! Have a great time!

Happy TTing!

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Ooh, I'm jealous! Especially of #1. Hope you have a great kid-free weekend! :)

Nina said...

sounds blissful, have a great weekend! Happy TT!

Sheldon said...

What can I say....I hope Les can have a good time:)

Have a great weekend.

Cindy Swanson said...

Ohmygoodness...this post had two effects on me: one, it made me glad that my kids are grown-up (even though I sometimes miss their childhood years); and two, it made me REALLY want to go away with my hubby for few days!

I hope you have a wonderful time. Stop by my TT when you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,
I agree with your Thursday Thirteen. Those are all wonderful things! Especially paradisio's!
Craig and I are going to see if we can leave Ashley with my mom and dad when we go down to Grand Forks for his annual hockey thing. We're keeping our fingers crossed!
Angela Brandt

So Lost said...

Have a great weekend~!

Gloria said...

I am with you on the bed thing. If only someone would make my bed every day.

Happy weekend.

Shelby said...

yep I think someone making my bed every morning would just be peachy..

Amanda said...

Have fun!

Ruth said...

WAH HOO!!!! zero days till your KID FREE/HUBBY FILLED weekend -- bring on the bubbles!!!

mrs_kat_demers said...

Wow, you're weekend sounds like it's going to be great!! Especially the weather..It's in the 90's where I am!!!!
Enjoy your weekend!!!!

Louise said...

That sounds exciting!!
Enjoy every moment!!

The Heppner's said...

That list is awesome. I haven't visited your blog in a while but I'm looking forward to visiting quite often for a good chuckle and things to ponder.

Kathy

Pamela said...

Hope your weekend was great!!