Saturday, October 20, 2007

an amazing story

I have been doing some blog-surfing tonight and I have come across an amazing young woman, Leeann. Her mother-in-law is facing chemo and radiation in a second battle with cancer, and Leeann (along with other family and friends) is going to be shaving her head in support.

That's right, ladies. She is saying good-bye to her lovely locks to give unconditional love and support to her mother-in-law. What an incredible gesture. I highly recommend you stop by this post and offer up encouragement, as the "head-shaving" is scheduled for Monday and I'm sure she could use extra words of support.

You go, girl!

5 comments:

Sheldon said...

I'd shave my head, but, I'm not sure it would go over well if I'd do it again:) So that being said, we're looking to you (who pointed us to the site) to set the example. I'll even shave your head if you can't find a someone willing to do that (although I'm sure the Mr. would enjoy that part:)

Pam said...

Thank you so much for posting this. Leeann is an amazing person and the more people we can get informed about this, the better! I know she will be grateful you posted this! Thanks!

Leeann said...

I am grateful! Thanks so much!

Melanie said...

Wow- an amazing woman, she is!

Regina The 2nd said...

I was by her blog earlier today, and she is some kind of special!
what an Awesome show of love and support for her mother-in-law!

Awesome!