Saturday, October 27, 2007

another step up

A week and a half ago, we improved our unfinished basement by adding some nice, new storage cabinets. Things have now taken an extra step up by replacing our old love seats with these newer couches that got passed down to us from my sister Tammy and her hubby (see before and after pictures).

Here is a picture of one of the love seats (the other one was identical). Hard to believe that when Les and I first got married 6 years ago, these were our ONLY couches. Yup. This was our living room furniture. Oh well. It did the job. They were comfy, that's all that mattered!


And here are the new couches. Not only do they look prettier, but they help brighten up the basement too. We're really excited to have them!











Also...remember this embarrassing picture which shows the usual state of our rec room?

Well, on Thursday I had Joelle help me pick everything up and start putting things away in those pretty new cabinets. Here is the current stage of the rec room. I can actually r-e-l-a-x now when I walk downstairs; I'm not instantly hit with a floor covered with "stuff" and an obstacle course to take me to the laundry room at the back of the basement. Now the trick will be to keep it looking this way!!

5 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Wow, that makes a huge difference down there! That looks great!

Pam said...

looks great! I need to tackle some toy issues but it seems overwhelming....so glad you got it done!

Rebecca said...

I like the new couches! The room looks great.

Louise said...

See your first pic of the rec room....ummm yeah that is mine all the time..when does it stop?? LOL
Looks great Andrea

Melanie said...

Makes a hige difference! It looks great!