Wednesday, October 17, 2007

breast cancer awareness month

As you may already know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I'm sure everybody reading this knows someone who has suffered from Breast Cancer at one point or another. It feels helpless, doesn't it?

Well, there is something you can do. My brother made me aware of this last week (and I was reminded of it on Tammi's blog this morning) and I want to pass it on to as many people as I can. Here's what you do: You can click daily on the button on my sidebar which will help give free mammograms to underprivileged women. Detecting cancer early can greatly increase the chance of beating this disease.

Click on the button and it will bring you to the Breast Cancer Site. Once you're there, there's another button to click which says "Click here to give - -it's FREE!"

The corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammograms in exchange for advertising. Please take the time each day to do this. You can help save lives.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Yeah for you! I have this on my site also...it is a great cause and a way to get more people involved! Thank you for doing this (it is near and dear to me...my grandmother had breast cancer and my mom has had two scares with it)

Sandy Carlson said...

Thanks for this scoop. I did a breast cancer post based on the inspiration of another blogger, but I didn't know where all of this originated. Thanks for laying it out.