Monday, October 1, 2007

a bumblebee, bedspreads, slurpees and the playground

Okay, so I'm not quite as proud of the birthday cake that I made for Malia as I was for Joelle. But I thought I'd share it anyway. It was supposed to be a bumblebee, but I didn't go to the effort to find a cake plan to go off of. So I just made it as a round cake with yellow icing and brown sprinkle stripes and jazzed it up with a bit of color with some Smarties surrounding it on the plate. Not my best work -- but Malia ooh'd and aah'd over it and that's what counts!

Here's my big birthay girl huffing and puffing to get out those TWO candles!!


Next came the presents. She got the same stuff that Joelle did -- some clothes (which she was much more excited about than Joelle was) and new cozy bedding.










After the supper celebration, we took the girls to get slurpees and to the school playground. It was a beautiful evening and we enjoyed watching our girls run around, giggling and having a blast.

Here's Malia all tucked in with her new blanket. It's really not the right size for a crib, but Les didn't think it was fair to make her have to wait until she's in a "big girl bed."



Now they're both sound asleep again and we are officially done Birthday Mode!! Phew! We made it!!

5 comments:

Tara said...

What a cute cake, great job. Looks like everyone had a great time at the park!

jackie said...

Cute blankets! And cute cake! Looks like some birthday fun!

Ruth said...

what do you mean??? THAT CAKE IS AWESOME!!!!! soooooo cute andrea! well done.

did you know that our girls are born the same year? they could be in the same grade in school!

Andrea said...

Really?!? When's Shiloh's birthday?

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday!! I love the cake- it's way better than anything I could even think about making!