Thursday, October 25, 2007

friends -- new and 'old' (so to speak)

Sometimes people wonder why I blog. What's the point? And why would I want the whole world to have access to my thoughts?

The answer is multi-faceted.

First, it's a great way to express myself. I enjoy posting stories about funny things the girls did, cute pictures of them, accountability stories (like my Pepsi Challenge), etc. Even if it's just for myself; something I can keep forever and one day show the girls and give them a better glimpse of their Mother.

Second, it's a way to keep in touch with friends and family. It's not meant to replace communication with my close friends and family members, but rather to add to it. And to provide communication with more distant friends and relatives who I would otherwise lose contact with.

And thirdly, it's a way to make new friends. I say this as my third and last reason because when I first started my blog, I was skeptical as to actually making friends on-line. How can you really become friends with someone who you have never met and pobably never will? But slowly along the way, it has happened. When I first started, I only knew one person who blogged; my neighbour Erin. So, of course I checked out the people on her blogroll which is where I found 2 people I knew 8-10 years back, Jamie and Ruth. I had fun re-connecting with them. I also found a new friend, Louise. Then before long, other friends & family of mine started up their own blogs so I added them to my blog roll as well.

But it has only been really recently where I have found my own circle of new friends via this blog-world. One of them is Pam -- I 'met' her through my Activity Menu Challenge a short week and a half ago (is that all?) and I have read her blog every day since then. I felt an instant connection with her and she has very quickly become very near and dear to my heart.

Obviously I have been somewhat of an encouragement to her in return, since she has given me a blogging award.


This Blog Friend Forever award is "presented to awesome blog owners who keep their readers excited about their posts. Their blog posts are interesting (not spammy) and worth reading and keep their subscribers looking forward to each and every post." So I suppose Pam has an interest in carrying on our friendship, which is why she has blessed me with this award. Thanks, Pam!

Now for the fun of passing this award on. Well, technically everybody on my blog roll is someone I find worth visiting (and I want to 'keep' them) -- but I would like to secifically pass this award on to:


Melanie at Our Happy Happenings (I know you've already received it, but I'm giving it to you again anyway...my blog, my rules!)


Tammi at ValleyGirl


Thanks to these ladies (and to the rest of you on my blog roll) for being a part of my life, both pre-blog days and now!

9 comments:

Ruth said...

i'm glad we've reconnected too! remember the good ole days when i was training you to answer the 8 line phone at the office? :)

Louise said...

Ahhh thanks SO much Andrea!! That is very touching!! You are sweet, thanks again!!

Melanie said...

Thanks so much for giving me this award. When I first started blogging- my only reason was to keep family and friends updated. I didn't even realize I'd make new friends. But, I have made some great friends along the way- you included!

Pam said...

Wow, really, only a week and a half ago? I feel like we connected so well and that I have known you much longer! I love checking out your blog! I blog for the same reasons...it is my therapy and so much cheaper then an actual therapist! Plus, how great to be able to share our kids and their awesomeness with the world! I am so glad I stopped by your blog (we can thank the wonderful Melanie for that!) and that you read my blog and came back! How nice!

Tara said...

Thank you Andrea for this award, I am glad that you think that of me. I often feel that my blog is so boring and that nobody likes to reaqd it but feel they have to. Thank you, you are a great friend!

Regina said...

I love your reasons for blogging, I totally agree and went through the same feelings. Now I love it! I've met so many Awesome people in such a short time, it's great. I'm sure youe deserve the award from what I have read on your blog so far.
Blessings!
BTW- I hope that Pepsi was Fabulous!

Erin said...

Aw, how sweet! Isn't it great to make new friends? And just so you know, I've been 2 days on the no sugar thing. I remembered...and it was good timing since I ate not so good on my holiday.

Rebecca said...

Wow! Thanks so much. What a fun award to pass around.

ValleyGirl said...

Thanks so much, Andrea! And thanks for introducing me to the wacky wonderful world of blogging!!