Sunday, October 7, 2007

i know you're out there...

I found out today that my pastor's wife reads my blog (yup -- you've been caught!!). The pastor's wife!! Sheesh...talk about pressure!! (just kidding)

It got me thinking, though: Who else is out there reading my blog without me knowing it? Now, don't get me wrong -- I don't feel violated or anything (in fact, I'm flattered!). Afterall, it was MY decision to create a blog on the internet for anybody to access and read. But I have to admit that I am very curious. My friend Louise did a similar post on this a few weeks ago (were you satisfied with your responses, Louise?) and I had thought about doing it too. But then I forgot about it...until today.

A friend of mine emailed me a couple of months ago to let me know that she regularly reads my blog. She felt like she needed to tell me that, as it felt strange to her to have access to intimate details about my life without me knowing it. I appreciated her taking the time to let me know, even if she was completely "allowed" to read it.

Again, I'm not trying to make anybody feel guilty. I knew when I started this blog up that I would never know who all reads it. But I am interested in who my readers are. I have my regular commenters, my ocassional commenters, and my one-time commenters. But even with all those commenters combined, it's nowhere near the number of visitors that I get. If you scroll down on my sidebar, you'll notice I have a thing that shows where all of my visitors are from. And I KNOW that not nearly all of those people have commented.

So -- this is my request. If you read my blog (regularly, or just ocassionally), let me know (even if you think I may already know)! Go ahead...leave me a comment. Click on where it says "words of encouragement" at the bottom of this post and let me know who you are. You can choose to identify yourself as "anonymous" but I'd love it if you would include your name. If you don't feel comfortable leaving a comment, you could also just email me (at lesan@mts.net) and let me know that you're a reader. And while you're at it -- why don't you let me know what your favorite part of my blog is? The polls, the countdowns, etc. I love feedback!!

Come on...I know you're out there!!

13 comments:

Ruth said...

I AM SOOOOO BUSTED!!! yup! i admidt it. i frequent your blog-home. :)

(i did something similar a few months ago except i called it "national comment day" and posted that anyone reading HAD to comment. :) it didn't work that well..... but i did find a few new readers.)

The Heppner's said...

Here I am. I have enjoyed reading your blog over the last few weeks. Sorry I haven't been more faithful when you first started it. But I tell you, being so far away from home has been made easier by reading your blog. Thanks!

Melanie said...

This is a great idea. I'm often surprised when I find out about people who read my blog too. I think I'll do a post like this someday.

pamj said...

So I will classify myself as an occasional commenter but a faithful L I F E S O N G reader! I feel as though my comment is just a repeat of what has already been said so I don't always do so...
I would like to say I love it when you relate your everyday life to God and share those stories. (That may not be the correct description, but you may know what I am talking about - like the Joelle/band-aid one!!)
I hope you get more comments and people coming out of their shell!
Thank you for becoming a blogger and sharing a piece of you with us!
BTW I also enjoy your quizzes and Friends Qs as well!!

pamj said...

lol... sorry for the novel ;)

Gloria said...

I am not going to comment. Going to leave you hanging...

ValleyGirl said...

Here!

Reggie F. said...

I never posted b4, but since you asked...I really like your blog. I'm pretty shy.

Tara said...

Read often, comment sometimes!

Bailey said...

It is not personal - I rarely comment on anyone's blog even though I read lots of them.

TammyIsBlessed said...

Well, you know I read your blog, but I'll comment anyway. :)

Louise said...

HEY HEY I read!! don't always comment but I do read..heehee!

Pamela said...

I always read, but sometimes I read a whole bunch of posts at one time and then only comment on 1 or 2. I really do enjoy your blog:)