Tuesday, October 30, 2007

if clarification is needed...

**FYI -- no, nobody has claimed any offense by my original post on 'Sisteres by Blood.' But as I was lying in bed last night, it just didn't sit well with me how I had worded it so I wanted to clarify exactly what I meant before it did actually offend somebody.**

Yesterday I did a post on ‘Sisters by Blood’ – something started by a fellow blogger & believer in Christ, Sharon. This isn’t the same as other ‘awards’ being passed around lately – it’s more of a symbol of being joined together as sisters through the blood of Jesus.

So rather than passing it out to individuals, I left it open for whoever felt like taking it and claiming it for themselves. I said that I didn’t want to make any assumptions of people’s faith. I was not implying that I didn’t want to mistakenly give it to someone who didn’t exemplify Christ in their lives, but rather I didn’t want to leave anybody out. It is not up to me to proclaim whether each of my readers are or are not a believer in Jesus. I wanted it to be left up to each individual as to whether or not they wanted to take part in this.

I also am not trying to create an exclusive “Christian-Club.” If you do not proclaim to believe in Jesus, you are no less special to me than those who do. The sole purpose of this ‘award’ to begin with is to celebrate our sisterhood; not to exclude friends or make people feel unworthy.

If I have offended anybody by my previous post, or made you feel less important because of your difference in faith – shame on me! It was never my intention. Everybody who I have met via this blog-world has become special to me, and I do not judge those who have different views than I do.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I hope no one was offended by your previous post. Christians are certainly not in a club- but if anyone wants to know I am sure you would be more than happy to help them to see how they can become one of our sisters!!

Pam said...

Wow! I hope no one was offended..I thought you did a nice job of explaining and passing on the award. I haven't gotten around to posting it on my blog yet...but I loved the idea of it. We have mom award, friend awards, etc, why not a Christian award?

jason said...

hey cuz...i am enjoying reading your site every day. Keep it up. And i am so sorry to hear pepsi is your choice. COKE is the way to go.
I have a blog as well, it is

http://discovering-truth.blogspot.com/

Regina said...

Wow, nicely put, but then again I though your original post was nicely worded also. I hope no one takes offense. What you said made perfect sense to me, If you want it take it, if you don't want it don't take it! See simple! But people do have a way of making things into something that it wasn't.
It's all about "perception" and "assumption" these days.
Any way, I'm rambling! I am going to claim by award now! Thank you! I love sharing with "Sisters"!
Rest in Him!