Tuesday, October 23, 2007

let's talk about panties...

(If you are having the same reaction that Les had when I told him the title of this post -- relax. It's not as bad as you think it's going to be!)

Last night when we were on one of our many family bike rides, Joelle said something that made us laugh out loud.

Out of the blue, she says: "This bike is making my panties go into my buttocks!" Buttocks?!? Where did she learn that word?

It reminded me of something else she said well over a year ago. It was when she was still getting used to panties. When she would 'go to the potty' she would completely take off her pants and panties instead of just letting them hang at her ankles. So when she was done, she would have to totally re-dress herself from the waist down.

One afternoon, she was taking a particularly long time getting re-dressed when she suddenly said to me with a chuckle, "Mom -- I can't figure these 'bad-boys' out!" Yes, she actually said 'bad-boys.'

Ahh...panties are always good for a laugh!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Oh! Too Funny! I love the things that kids say! Kids are so fun and cute and honest. I love these stories. (Ashlyn did the same things when she started wearing panties...she took everything off.)

Thanks for your comments to me - I am so honored and touched! Thanks so much!!

andrea said...

that is so cute!!! where do they come up with this stuff??? i suppose they are always listening...

as we are in 'taking off everything to use the potty', it's refreshing to hear that there is life beyond now...

Sharon said...

Well I have to admit that that does sound a little more lady like than some of the words she could have used. :)
Maybe she was trying to be polite.
Julia would have tried to use some word in disguise to let me know without Keith knowing what she was talking about.She just turned 10 today and she is getting to that private stage.

Melanie said...

How cute!! Both stories made me chuckle!!

Jenn said...

Oh this made me laugh out loud, with tears even! I can just picture her saying it. Bad boys, LOL!!