Wednesday, October 24, 2007

me in the 70's, 80's and 90's

Pam tagged me for this meme. Check out what I was doing decades ago...

10 years ago: (1997)
I was 18 years old...that's right; I was officially an adult. I was in the first semester of my second year of Bible School. I was enjoying life. I was at the early stages of what was supposed to be my first real relationship -- let's just say things didn't quite turn out like I had hoped. I weighed a lot less than I do now. I was a dishwasher in the school cafeteria after the lunch meal. I was making new friends that would become lifers!! I was also slowly becoming friends with my future husand (who at the time was the guy who would burp and blow it in my face...ah, isn't he romantic??).

20 years ago: (1987)
I was 8 years old. I guess that would make me in grade 3 (I skipped grade 1 in case any of you were wondering how I was doing my math...). My teacher's name was Mrs. Gerbrandt (I think) and I loved school. My family and I were living on a 3 1/2 acre yard which me, my 2 sisters and my brother LOVED. We had plenty of space to run around, have pets and play games. I wanted to be a teacher or a school bus driver when I grew up -- I guess none of my dreams came true! I was sharing a room with my little brother at home with our nursery-rhyme-collage wallpaper. I had a growing collection of stuffed animals.

30 years ago: (1977)
I didn't exist. Nobody had any inkling about me -- except for my Creator. I was part of God's plan, but the timing wasn't quite right. I guess exactly 30 years ago from now, I was about 6 months away from being conceived. So my mom was possibly dreaming about me already, but only God knew when I would be making my grand arrival.

And now I will tag Melanie, Sharon and Pamela (not the Pam that tagged me, a different one!) and look forward to their answers!

7 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

What are you talking about? Doesn't Les STILL blow burps in your direction?! I'm confused, was that supposed to stop after marrying a Thiessen boy...? Dang, let me in on your secret!

Andrea said...

Surprisingly yes, it stopped. Once we started dating.

Not to say that he doesn't do other gross things -- but generally not blowing burps in my face (thankfully!).

Melanie said...

Ahhh- my hubby used to burp and blow it in my face too. No, wait- he still does it.

Thanks for tagging me!! I'll have it up in the next few days. I love these kinds of tags.

ValleyGirl said...

Yeah, actually, come to think of it, Greg doesn't do that anymore either. But the overall grossness certainly hasn't stopped!!!

Pam said...

Thanks for playing along! I love learning more about the people I love to read!

Pamela said...

I'll try and get my tag up tonight...

Ruth said...

and now .....
we want to see PICTURES of each stage. :)